Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 05:53 PM

4,947 posts, read 8,917,229 times

Advertisements

From the City of Huntington:

Quote:
For the second consecutive year, West Virginia Living magazine asked its readers to weigh in on everything from the best restaurant in the Mountain State to the best local band. You'll be pleased to know that Huntington received several awards:

Best Mayor: Mayor Steve Williams

Best Local Park: Ritter Park

Best Museum: Huntington Museum of Art

Best Hot Dog: Hillbilly Hot Dogs

Best TV News: WSAZ
https://www.facebook.com/pages/City-...625209?fref=nf

The Best of West Virginia Awards 2014

Quote:
Best Town for Food: Huntington
Huntington is home to a large public university, a community of young professionals, a few museums, plenty of outdoor activities—and some really great restaurants. The city, West Virginia’s second largest, has always had a lot of energy, but it’s been especially vibrant in recent years—perhaps in part because of the booming restaurant scene. “The one thing every visitor looks for regardless of the reason they’re coming to the city is food,” says Tyson Compton, president of the Cabell-Huntington Convention & Visitors Bureau. “Dining is about more than just consuming food, it’s about the experience. It’s very important to the vibrancy of a city, and the wider the variety of options, the better.”
West Virginia's Best Towns 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 04:07 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,060,774 times
I agree with the local food scene. I think is top notch for a city of this size. The wife and I frequently chose Huntington over Charleston for dining options.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:39 AM

6,019 posts, read 9,021,711 times
Nice list overall, I would argue over a few of them (best Italian, best hike), but nothing to die on a hill over. Noticed the Charleston area was represented well also (I counted 7 categories, plus 2 {Cabela's and Pie's and Pints}). Way to go metro valley!

Old 09-18-2014, 07:31 AM

251 posts, read 259,142 times
I agree with everything except Pizza and Shopping Center. I personally would've chosen Backyard (when it's open) and the Huntington Mall. Charleston Town Center is crap.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredAtWork304 View Post
I agree with everything except Pizza and Shopping Center. I personally would've chosen Backyard (when it's open) and the Huntington Mall. Charleston Town Center is crap.
I wouldn't say that it is crap, have you visited in the last few years after the remodel? But I'd agree in saying Pie's and Pints isn't the best pizza in WV. My personal vote is for Graziano's.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,412,159 times
Best "craft" or "gourmet" pizza would be a tie between Pies and Pints and MSBC. I love the Chicken Gouda Pie from P&P and the Northcamp from MSBC.

Best regular pizza - the Pizza Place. Tied for (a distant) second would be Graziano's and Pizza Al's, with Husson's a close third.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:20 AM

Boy this talk of WV cooking is making me home sick! I was back in WV two weekends ago, but was just there for two days. The last time I spent any significant time in WV was May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington