U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 11:19 AM

1,774 posts, read 1,666,962 times

Advertisements

I missed the information about the Sheetz already being confirmed.

I would put my money on the grocer being Aldi, given their continued plans to expand.

I know I mentioned this is other posts but I really hope we don't see anymore mattress stores, or GameStop locations or Telecommunication stores. We already have too many of those.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 12:10 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,768,969 times
Only thing that confuses me with the home improvement store is the massive outdoor yard. Does Menards normally have such a massive outdoor area?

Old 02-16-2017, 12:15 PM

Do a Google Image Search for Menards and earthmovin.com and you will see some examples of Menards stores with separate outdoor yards and a warehouse. Like the one on the Tanyard Crossing map.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Do a Google Image Search for Menards and earthmovin.com and you will see some examples of Menards stores with separate outdoor yards and a warehouse. Like the one on the Tanyard Crossing map.
Ok there we go, all of the photos of menards I could find didn't show an outdoor lumber area. That's going to be a large lumber yard.

That tiny "retail" area with a dual lane drive through is probably a bank.

I'd also assume the new sheetz will be their upscale version of their store. Its a lot nicer than your average sheetz store.

Last edited by WVUmatt; 02-16-2017 at 12:30 PM..

Old 02-16-2017, 12:48 PM

249 posts, read 207,888 times
For the life of me, I don't understand another Sheetz.

I just hope there are some places new to the area.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:57 PM

Now I feel stupid. I didn't even consider that parcel could be a bank.

Given the recent expansions of Bojangles and Popeye's in the state, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them located in Tanyard.

Since the odds are the sit down casual restaurant will be a chain, I'm hoping for something like Bonefish Grill or even a Red Robin. I think both would do well at that location.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn into a Cheddar's location though.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Now I feel stupid. I didn't even consider that parcel could be a bank.

Given the recent expansions of Bojangles and Popeye's in the state, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them located in Tanyard.

Since the odds are the sit down casual restaurant will be a chain, I'm hoping for something like Bonefish Grill or even a Red Robin. I think both would do well at that location.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn into a Cheddar's location though.
I could see red robin, at some point they have to expand into the state. I know I contacted the company who owns bone fish grill recently and they unfortunately said they had no plans to expand into WV.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:13 PM

249 posts, read 207,888 times
I'd love a Popeye's and Red Robin. I'd rather just drive to Ashland for Cheddars. So much potential but I just get the feeling it's going to end up being more of the same. Another bank. Another Taco Bell. Another mattress store. Another Sheetz.

Disappointing.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:15 PM

I agree with you 304. It's starting to feel that way.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:33 PM

4,074 posts, read 3,006,388 times
Quote:
On the site plan map, from looking at the design of the gas station, it will be another Sheetz.

The one restaurant location, the furthest on the right, is around 2,000 square feet. That isn't very large, and I'm willing to be it will be another Starbucks location. A quick Google search shows that Starbucks is aiming for the new locations to be around that square footage. If it is another Starbucks that will be very disappointing.

The grocery store on the map has a listing of 19,000 square footage. That is larger than the normal footprint for Trader Joe's and Aldi, also according to a Google search. A Whole Foods is usually above 35,000 square feet. So I'm not sure who the potential grocer could be.

As for the potential Home Improvement store, it would seem that it would have to be a Menards given the size of the store on the plans.

Also on the site plan, there is a 2,000 square foot retail space, with what appears to be a dual drive through area. This is in front of the home improvement store at the intersection of one of the entrances. Given that layout, could this be one of those drive thru tobacco or liquor stores? I hope not.
The newer free-standing Aldi stores are usually around 19,000 square feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington