Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 08:15 AM

530 posts, read 589,575 times

Advertisements

In looking at the site map for Tanyard Station, I'm wondering if the 5,600 sq. ft. restaurant will be a Longhorn's Steakhouse. That one seems to be pinging pretty solidly for 5,600 sq. ft. Also, I found a very similar looking plan from a quick Google search that looks very similar in layout and size on the Tanyard map.

https://www.google.com/search?q=long...=1495721392295

I also think the 7,000 sq. ft. building in the far right rear of the development will also be a sit down restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 10:31 AM

251 posts, read 260,421 times
Longhorn would be another one that would be kinda disappointing considering we already have Outback, Texas Roadhouse and Logan's so close together.

Went to Lexington this past weekend and stopped at the new Shake Shack. Seriously, I know there is really no chance of it happening but I'd love to see something like The Summit at Fritz Farm here.

The Summit at Fritz Farm | Bayer Properties

Old 05-25-2017, 10:44 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredAtWork304 View Post
Longhorn would be another one that would be kinda disappointing considering we already have Outback, Texas Roadhouse and Logan's so close together.

Went to Lexington this past weekend and stopped at the new Shake Shack. Seriously, I know there is really no chance of it happening but I'd love to see something like The Summit at Fritz Farm here.

The Summit at Fritz Farm | Bayer Properties
Wait, Lexington has/is getting a Babalu? Alright alright alright.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:03 AM

251 posts, read 260,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Wait, Lexington has/is getting a Babalu? Alright alright alright.
Not yet but it's under construction. I'd guess only about 50% of the development is open as of yet.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:06 AM

Update on Tanyard Station: apparently the Cabell Co commission has authorized the disbursement of TIF funds to reimburse the developer. Mayor Tatum now reporting that construction should begin in "June or July." We have heard this before as to when "construction should begin" so hopefully it really will happen this time. My question is what the heck took so long?!! This red tape is insane.

The Mayor did also confirm they have had site prep meetings with the developer and "one of the major retailers."

Complex developer begins using county funds | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 05-28-2017, 05:55 PM

Tanyard Station developer returned my email with the following:

"We are not in the position to give a public update. Currently, we are under confidentiality with a national retailer for 20 acres of the site and until this contract goes hard we cannot give any updates. This is not unusual for this type of large retail development. For example, Merritt Creek Farm took 2.5 years for us to start and University Town Centre took us 3.5 years to start. We are also the developer on the Little Creek Center in South Charleston and hope to have the center underway in approximately a year. Thanks for your continued interest and support and hope to be able to give a public update in late summer."

To be clear, I was not asking for specific information regarding tenants because obviously there are confidentiality agreements which prevent that which I fully understand. What I was asking for is more of a general update regarding site preparation, explanation for why site prep abruptly stopped with trees being cut down months ago, information regarding approval of traffic studies (such as the update they provided on Little Creek), timeline for road construction/intersection upgrades, and obviously they are going to have to change their estimated completion dates given the significant delays. Also, there appears to be a disconnect between Mayor Tatum, who just stated in the HD article Friday that construction should start in "June or July" and here the developer saying they would "hope to provide an update in late summer." I should also note that this same representative for the developer responded to an email of mine in March stating "we will be posting an update in early summer."

Long story short, who the heck knows at this point when or if they will provide any update. I am highly skeptical of anything they say at this point. Very frustrating.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:29 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post

"We are not in the position to give a public update. Currently, we are under confidentiality with a national retailer for 20 acres of the site and until this contract goes hard we cannot give any updates. This is not unusual for this type of large retail development. For example, Merritt Creek Farm took 2.5 years for us to start and University Town Centre took us 3.5 years to start. We are also the developer on the Little Creek Center in South Charleston and hope to have the center underway in approximately a year. Thanks for your continued interest and support and hope to be able to give a public update in late summer."

To be clear, I was not asking for specific information regarding tenants because obviously there are confidentiality agreements which prevent that which I fully understand. What I was asking for is more of a general update regarding site preparation, explanation for why site prep abruptly stopped with trees being cut down months ago, information regarding approval of traffic studies (such as the update they provided on Little Creek), timeline for road construction/intersection upgrades, and obviously they are going to have to change their estimated completion dates given the significant delays. Also, there appears to be a disconnect between Mayor Tatum, who just stated in the HD article Friday that construction should start in "June or July" and here the developer saying they would "hope to provide an update in late summer." I should also note that this same representative for the developer responded to an email of mine in March stating "we will be posting an update in early summer."

Long story short, who the heck knows at this point when or if they will provide any update. I am highly skeptical of anything they say at this point. Very frustrating.
Developments like this are usually very tight lipped until they are ready to go. It's like that everywhere. In Morgantown, they have kept things close to the vest right up until the last minute. I have a hunch it is no different there.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:28 PM

51 posts, read 66,969 times
As I drove by the Tanyard Station site this afternoon I noticed people working on the electric lines. Could this be the actual start of work on the site? Let's hope so.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:41 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post

If Tanyard is anything at all like UTC, you're in for a real treat. It will be a huge addition to Barboursville.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvilleGuy View Post
As I drove by the Tanyard Station site this afternoon I noticed people working on the electric lines. Could this be the actual start of work on the site? Let's hope so.
One can only hope that real work is about to get underway. Every day I drive by there I hope to see some sign of construction. Hopefully this means things will start moving soon. Also, hope that CTMountaineer is correct in that we are in for a treat with this development. Hoping that it is worth the wait and not a bunch of underwhelming stores we already have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington