U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2019, 10:17 AM

412 posts, read 394,965 times

Advertisements

I have found the English baked beans in some Krogers around the country. You may try there or see if they can get them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 03:32 PM

191 posts, read 110,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredAtWork304 View Post
My wife and I have spent a lot of time in the UK. She did her post graduate schooling at University of Manchester. Good luck finding Heinz beans for that English breakfast craving. Just a can of pork & beans is as close as you'll get in Huntington.
A lot of people do not know that English Heinz beans are the US style beans from 1900 in a tomato sauce like spaghetti O's. Heinz opened a branch in England in about 1895 and acquired two brown sauce companies ( which came to the US as A1 and H57 ). In the fullness of time US the beans changed to closer to baked beans with brown sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
I have found the English baked beans in some Krogers around the country. You may try there or see if they can get them.
The closest thing Heinz US makes is the vegetarian beans. I have not looked in WV Koger for them (but they do have generic black cherry cola the magical elixir of life wall mart does not carry anymore) At a chain in Oregon bought out by Kroger they has a 3 foot wide 6 feet wide English section that had the English Beans made in Australia for the insane price of $4 a can. I was gonna check Aldi as they started in Europe

Old 01-03-2020, 09:24 AM

9 posts, read 4,905 times
I was at Tanyard last week. Still didn't see any signs of Menard's beginning construction any time soon. Any progress on the other sites in Morgantown, Bridgeport, or Wheeling?

Old 01-03-2020, 09:57 AM

Wheeling is going up and should be open by May or June. Nothing has been announced in Morgantown and I doubt we here any news till March or April about anything but I really think Westridge will take off this year. Bridgeport just started clearing the land for Charles Pointe Commons last month but you can already see progress and they seem to be moving at a fast pace. Both Morgantown and Bridgeport say a start date this year and a 2021 opening. I would think since Tanyard was the second store announced after Wheeling we should be hearing something soon. Tanyard has been a disappointment so far but I think a slow start by Menards has held anyone else from locating there.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:43 PM

I stopped at the Tanyard Sheetz for the free air due to the pothole bent rim and the slow leak. The free air is a scam as they know I will go in for soda and they have a hotdogs with THIRTY TOPPINGS to choose from

I still did not see a Tan

Old 01-11-2020, 03:49 PM

4 posts, read 1,862 times
My husband and I were at Tanyard Crossing this morning and noticed they are finally moving dirt and prepping for Menards! I still don't see it being at least a year before they open.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnkZabel View Post
My husband and I were at Tanyard Crossing this morning and noticed they are finally moving dirt and prepping for Menards! I still don't see it being at least a year before they open.

When I was there last month to check for the strange noise in the van the materials were piled up and there was parked construction machines across the access road 100 feet north west and behind Aldi. The other day when I stopped for hotdogs at Sheetz I exited via the road behind Aldi and the machines were moving loads blocking the road and a worker pickup parked behind me as i thought how to get out, I had trucks on three sides and I escaped going forward behind a bulldozer as they all looked at me over their sandwiches wonder what the crazy van was doing

Old 02-03-2020, 09:00 AM

9 posts, read 4,905 times
I was at Tanyard on Saturday and was surprised to see that they are now making progress on Menards. They already have the metal beams in place framing out the building. Looks like a possibility that they open later this year.

Old 02-03-2020, 10:48 AM

It's sad not one word from the media or the developer about this. Hopefully they have more announcements soon with other things new to the area.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:16 PM

5,274 posts, read 7,394,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
It's sad not one word from the media or the developer about this. Hopefully they have more announcements soon with other things new to the area.
I always heard on here how bad the HD was at putting out content about new businesses, but now that they own the Gazette, I see first hand how pathetic the reporting is. There needs to be a source for new business and start ups here in the metro valley, to encourage people that businesses can survive here.

Edit: A source other than City-data LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington