Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 PM

15 posts, read 93,822 times

Advertisements

Hey, my sister got a question from her boss about transfering to the Marshall's store in Clarksburg, WV. Is there anyone out there who can fill me in on the details of this store? Is it a new Marshall's? An older one that's been around for awhile? How big is it/how many employees? What other 'bigger' stores are in that area? She'd really like the inside scoop from the locals who live there before making such a big move from over in Virginia...

Also, she keeps hearing that Clarksburg is older and sort of run down, whereas the folks in Bridgeport are rather 'snotty' but things there are newer - is this really true?

She and I both are from a rather laid-back, nice and decent family that was raised with values...like the good folks in WV. Neither of us can stand the 'full of themselves' types in certain cities over here in VA. We're REAL people...and I know she'd like to be around REAL people too...not a bunch of people that think they're better than everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 PM

13 posts, read 37,467 times
Have not heard Marshall's is coming to Clarksburg. Do you know where? Yes, Bridgeport, snotty.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM

15 posts, read 93,822 times
All my sister was told is 'it's near Clarksburg'...I know theres a new Walmart and a Target around there somewhere....any ideas?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 PM

870 posts, read 1,568,665 times
There;s not a Marshall's near Clarksburg or one opening. If one is opening, I am not aware ofi it. I was thinking maybe one opening in Morgantown or Washington, PA but I don't think there is.

Clarksburg has seen better days. It is in fact an old city with some rundown areas. In 1950, the city had close to 33,000 residents. It's close to 16,500 now. But the people are still pretty good overall. I'm from the North View area of Clarksburg and it's probably one of the better parts of the city. Alot of the houses are old and close together too giving the city that Rust Belt look set against the hills. I have to admit it does have a rough edge to it, but the crime rate is pretty low.

Bridgeport started off as a residental suburb but alot of retail opened there. The mall is located in Bridgeport and is near Clarksburg's main retail area known as Eastpointe and Newpointe. Bridgeport is now like it's own little city with many working and living in the city.

The neighborhoods are nicer in Bridgeport. It's a newer city with the areas priciest neighborhoods. Some of the people tend to be a little snotty, that is true. Generally when people move in from out of state, Bridgeport is where many head to. I know quite a few Virginians in the Bridgeport area and they seem to like it.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM

13 posts, read 37,467 times
[

Old 06-22-2009, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,528 times
Yes, a new Marshall's will be opening around Oct 09 in the Meadowbrook Mall in Bridgeport. It's a very nice area and I find the people to be quite friendly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington