Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times

Advertisements

This might be a more interesting race than I intially expected.

"HUNTINGTON -- Former Marshall University football coach Bobby Pruett is considering a run for West Virginia's 3rd Congressional seat, now held by 17-term incumbent Democrat Nick Rahall.

"I was approached by a group of people interested in the possibility of me running," Pruett said Thursday afternoon. "Right now, I am just gathering information, and that's as far as it has gone."

Pruett would likely run as a Democrat, although the Cabell County resident did not say specifically.

The former coach would join a growing field of potential challengers, with a Democrat and two Republicans already giving some indication they might run. The Obama administration's greater scrutiny of mountaintop mining has stirred up at least some of that opposition for Rahall, who supported Obama for president.
"

Pruett considers run for Congress against Rahall - The Herald Dispatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 06:11 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
The healing of this country needs to come from the conservative base of the Democrat Party.

I believe the pendelum has swung to far to the left (into the red, alarm zone)....

Old 01-09-2010, 08:11 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
Pruett would have a good chance in Cabell-Wayne.

Of course, he could campaign with the promise that he knows
of jobs where they will pay good money for leaning on a broom...
better than a State Road job, via his pal Marshall Reynolds.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:00 PM

I'm all for educators taking the reins of government after retirement..think it could almost be a madatory pool of qualifieds on Term Limits...

sort of the way our government was conceived in the early days...

Might not be to late to do it and turn out all the prima-donna undertakers who call themselves congressional legislators..lol....

Old 01-30-2010, 07:49 AM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
Pruett has decided not to run for congress after all.

Pruett decides against congressional bid - The Herald Dispatch

Old 02-03-2010, 04:55 AM

Pruett may not be running but Oliverio is....wanted to say that the Nespotic seat held since the 1950's..(the Moneyhand) seat will be changed this fall to another...

What happened in Boston will be happening in Fairmont....

When that happens..."We, the people, will be exonerated."

Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 AM

967 posts, read 2,995,698 times
Retired Naval Aviator seeks new position as West Virginia's 3rd congressional district representative. (date line Hinton) Running as a Constitutional Independant, the recently retired pilot seeks to REPRESENT the people of the 3rd district and NOT lobbyists or other non-resident parties. He will be advised on political and social issues by his esteemed cast of City-Data knowledge bodies... Hmmm, now if only I had about a million bucks kicking around!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 AM

This newbie Naval Aviator has a better chance of winning in this election cycle than you think...

host small inexpensive Tea Partys and build-up the base of ordinary people...they are the voters...

C.J. Pritt did this in a previous election and beat the gov in his home county...OH Yeah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington