Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the answers. Sounds like a good plan,
and I agree that anything would be an improvement
regardless of how much actually happens.

Is the idea to concentrate the current research
initiatives in the proposed facility? Looking at the
Marshall strategic plan, I find it interesting that they
are projecting thousands of research related jobs.
Since the school is primarily a masters level institution,
they must have insight into prospects that surpass
the obvious. I hope it all pans out as projected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,949,212 times
I don't think that they plan to concentrate the research groups into the one area but you never know until the final plans are released. They have tried to be aggressive with research at Marshall over the last few years and have done so by adding some research space to most new building projects. By the time the next opportunity comes around, they need more space as they have outgrown what they currently have. The goals set may be lofty but you have to set them high to see what you can achieve. If they do achieve those numbers, it will certainly be great for Huntington and the state.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:00 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
I don't think that they plan to concentrate the research groups into the one area but you never know until the final plans are released. They have tried to be aggressive with research at Marshall over the last few years and have done so by adding some research space to most new building projects. By the time the next opportunity comes around, they need more space as they have outgrown what they currently have. The goals set may be lofty but you have to set them high to see what you can achieve. If they do achieve those numbers, it will certainly be great for Huntington and the state.
I can't argue with that. Indeed it would.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,949,212 times
Here's some more info about the scoreboard upgrades for the football stadium and upgrades for the basketball arena as well.

Big improvements planned at stadium - The Herald Dispatch

Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,100,962 times
[quote=tbailey1138;14178688]Marshall is getting 2 new HD scoreboards, a new sound system and video strips (or whatever you call them) installed over the summer in the football stadium. It is supposed to be done in time for the WVU game this year. This will make the games in Huntington much better to attend and will help add more to the game day atmosphere. Can't wait to see this finished. Here's a couple of pics.

That's a major improvement that was much needed!

good for Marshall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington