Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 08:38 AM

11 posts, read 15,438 times

Advertisements

Wow - relocating to Huntsville in July. Began calling local Pediatricians a few weeks ago. Much to my surprise I found omly one office that was accepting new patients. All others that were accepting new patients were accepting new borns only. So who tends to all the non-newborn children?

Anyways, UAB-Pediatrics just called and has one doc seeing new patients. Aside from it being a teaching environment does anyone have any comments (good or bad) about this office?

Thanks,
Corey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,595,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcorey76 View Post
Wow - relocating to Huntsville in July. Began calling local Pediatricians a few weeks ago. Much to my surprise I found omly one office that was accepting new patients. All others that were accepting new patients were accepting new borns only. So who tends to all the non-newborn children?

Anyways, UAB-Pediatrics just called and has one doc seeing new patients. Aside from it being a teaching environment does anyone have any comments (good or bad) about this office?

Thanks,
Corey
Yep, this is a problem, previously discussed on this forum. We ended up going to Dr. Garrard near Airport Road and Memorial Parkway. He's young and friendly and very communicative, and best of all, his office gets you in fast - very little waiting and very easy to accommodate last second appointments ("Sure, we can get you in today at 4:10PM...").

Old 06-11-2010, 09:19 AM

2,447 posts, read 3,197,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcorey76 View Post

Thanks,
Corey
You might also take a look at Cornerstone Pediatrics in Madison. I think they are taking new patients, but am not positive.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 AM

4 posts, read 9,259 times
I have never had a problem with UAB doctors they are the doctors that seen my son wehn he was put in the hospital. They were really good and really took care of him.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:24 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,166,696 times
Any thing connected to UAB medicine has a strong national reputation...

Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM

55 posts, read 229,117 times
My daughter sees Dr. Abston and my granddaughter sees Dr. Alexander. Both excellent. The only annoyance is that sometimes the appointments get kind of long because of seeing the student doctor first, then the "real" doctor. I don't really mind because it makes for a very thorough visit and gives you time to think of all your questions. Dr. Abston has been particularly helpful for my daughter. She caught a couple of things that we hadn't noticed.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 AM

11 posts, read 15,438 times
Thank you all for your feedback! Much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area