Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 10:56 AM

8 posts, read 18,233 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to the area in the next few months and will be down to house hunt and look at daycares soon.

We would need all day care for a 2yr old and before and after care for a 9yr old.

I have already spoken with Hampton Cove Christian Academy and really like what they have to offer and the price is good compared to what we pay now.

Any other suggestions of good daycare centers that provide preschool for the little one.

Also do the schools offer before and after care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 05:27 PM

63 posts, read 158,903 times
We use Hampton Cove Christian Academy for our 1.5yr old and are very pleased with them. I know other people who are also pleased with the pre/post school as well. If you end up buying a home in Hampton Cove, this place will be VERY convenient.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:55 PM

Thanks you! We are going to rent for year in Hampton Cove then buy in Hampton Cove so sounds like this center will be great.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:05 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,787,891 times
You might want to look into other options as well. I know some people that pulled their child out of HCCA for various reasons. I can't speak first-hand as I never enrolled a child there after looking into the curriculum used (very religious, and we're not Christian.) It also is one of the pricier options as well. However, it is definitely the most convenient, and of course, just because others aren't happy with it doesn't mean you won't be!

The public school has after care as well I believe but there are limited slots, but you could also enroll the child in a lot of after-school programs which might work depending on how late you need care. For the 2 yr old, there are a number of preschools with programs that start at age 2 but they are on the "other side" of the hill.

Good luck!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:46 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,792 times
@neenah - not wanting to tell you what to do, but just something to think about, the daycare arrangement is usually close to parent(s) work. Be it emergency call (fever, upset stomach, accident, "you need to pick up the child now"), or inclement weather (i.e out-of the-blue-quick developing tornado watch/warning) or stuck in traffic past closing time on the way to pick up, it is more convenient to have the (daycare) child close to where you work. Especially "over the mountain" in HC. Weren't folks asking here this past winter how to get to HC on back roads, or was it in the news?

Just saying.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 AM

60 posts, read 141,924 times
Believe Jumping Jacks has preschool which your 2 year would maybe be ready for?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretelB View Post
Believe Jumping Jacks has preschool which your 2 year would maybe be ready for?
Yes she is currently in a pre-school and has been in the 2yr old program since she was 18 months old. She has been potty trained before she was 2 and is well advanced and will be moving to the 3yr old room soon. She won't be 3 till November.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:19 AM

60 posts, read 141,924 times
If you want something in Hampton Cove/Owens Cross Roads, I would look into Jumping Jacks as I have heard nice things about them (but my little one is still too little to start over there). If you are willing to travel over the mountain, look at First Christian, Miss Marcia's, and Montessori. Hampton Cove Academy has nice facilities - but it depends on how much religion you want in your child's day to day activities. It is a personal choice.

Depending on where you work, there are a bunch of places in Madison/Research Park.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,413 times
If you are looking for great daycare near the cove, Apple Tree Child Development Center opened in april, and the director there is great, she taught daycare providers from north alabama for 8 years for DHR, and the school is very nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area