Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,715 times

Advertisements

We just visited this restaurant for the first time and were very disappointed with the food and the service. The food was served cold and the entree was tasteless and greasy. We like to try new restaurants but this is not one we will be visiting again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
I need to get out more often.

When I read the title, I'd thought that was a house you were talking about.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,494 times
Default Disappointing service and food

My wife and I have visited The Brickhouse in Providence twice. Both times were disappointing.

The food was cold on the first visit, but we decided that this might be an aberation, so we decided to give it another try.

The second visit was absolutely horrible. The cheese dip was cold and almost solid, the chips were cold and greasy. The entree was also cold.

But the worst part was the manager on duty that day. We went on a Sunday afternoon, and I was hoping to watch the NASCAR race as we ate. Now, I'm looking at about 8 different TVs in the main dining room, and these guys can't figure out how to get the NASCAR race on a single one of them. It is not like the race was on a premium channel.

The manager's attitude made it clear to me that we were bothering him by asking in the first place, and his half hearted (not my first choice of words) attempt to find the race wasn't very sincere. He gave up after a couple of minutes.

The cold food (twice) and a surly attitude from the manager = we are not going back.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:49 AM

118 posts, read 430,360 times
My wife and I tried Brickhouse about a month ago. The atmosphere was not very bar-like and the food was not that great. I would have to say the best part was the food prices (which seemed reasonable).

Brickhouse is not really a bar nor is it a restaurant with good food. I expect it to close eventually.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 PM

956 posts, read 2,499,901 times
We go there "a bit" since our office is there. After first opening, I was a fan. Now, not so much. Food, 'eh, service, 'eh. We'll see how that plays out for them. Hopefully they read threads like this and will make the changes necessary to survive!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:50 PM

339 posts, read 1,166,524 times
The Brick House makes me really miss Kalous

Old 01-14-2011, 08:46 PM

9 posts, read 23,734 times
We've been there twice recently and will probably go back. The food was decent: not excellent, but not terrible. The service was friendly and prompt. The prices were reasonable. Both times we went, the restaurant was over half full. The main pro for us is that the restaurant is kid-friendly. My husband and I can enjoy a beer and burger, my son can munch on fries and talk all he wants. Win.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:11 PM

37 posts, read 102,454 times
We recently moved to Athens area and have been to the Brickhouse twice. Loved the family/sports atmosphere and the food. We will go again.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,055,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavin_florida View Post
The Brick House makes me really miss Kalous
Why? Cheeburger Cheeburger used to be there, not Kalous.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:33 PM

956 posts, read 2,499,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewdog1 View Post
Why? Cheeburger Cheeburger used to be there, not Kalous.
I think they just miss Kalous in general. I do too. Loved eating lunch there and their bakery. Hated to see them go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area