Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 02:01 PM

56 posts, read 162,204 times

Advertisements

I'm curious as to what the job market is for CEI (Construction engineering inspection) in the Huntsville area.

I am fully certified in Florida for the following inspections. These courses are required by Florida to be a roadway/bridge inspector.

ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Level 1
CTQP Asphalt Paving Technician, Level 1
CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection, Level 1
CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection, Level 2
CTQP Pile Driving Inspector Module A & B
FDOT Attenuator Inspection
FDOT Americans with Disabilities (ADA) In-house Training
FDOT Concrete Field Inspector
FDOT Sign Inspection
Florida DEP Stormwater Management 7934
Tampa Area Safety Council – Intermediate MOT Inspector
Troxler Radiation Safety & Use of Nuclear Gauges
USDOT / IATA HAZMAT Certification

As most of us know the State does not pay well -- at least in Florida it does not. I make nearly double, and triple salary than some state inspectors. 99% of the roadway & bridge inspection in Florida is private industry civil engineering consulting firms.

I have several contacts with Jacobs, HNTB, HDR, Parsons, PBS&J and a few other large firms. I'm curious as what the outlook for roadway/bridge work is in the area?

If anyone is in this business, a project manager / engineer, please do shoot a PM my way.

Thanks for the replies!

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area