Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:46 PM

16 posts, read 39,623 times

Advertisements

Hi...I am wondering if anyone has any info about the med-i-trim or the infinity med-i-spa in Huntsville as far as weight loss goes. Their website says they offer prescription phentermine and b-12 shots..just wondering if this place is legitimate and about how much it costs...wanted a heads-up before I called to get an appt. Or if anyone has any info about how to get Phentermine diet pills in the Huntsville area?? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 AM

854 posts, read 1,704,145 times
I though they banned Phentermine years ago. I wouldn't waste my money on those fad diets. You'd be better off spending your money seeing a dietician/nutritionist for a plan. I'm currently following a low fat, high fiber type of diet, along with walking.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:45 AM

90 posts, read 215,980 times
For all its worth, they have an A+ with the BBB... But I agree with Jim Mac.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 PM

24 posts, read 35,462 times
I would go with Jim-Mac's advice as well. If you will follow the news, you will notice that over the years most "magic diet pills" come back to haunt those who used them with terrible life changing side effects such as liver disease, heart problems etc.

Instead of looking for a pill, just put some effort into watching your diet and calorie intake and get some exercise. It really is just that simple to lose weight.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:17 PM

165 posts, read 211,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach-bum View Post
Instead of looking for a pill, just put some effort into watching your diet and calorie intake and get some exercise. It really is just that simple to lose weight.

32.3% of Alabama residents would probably disagree.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:22 PM

854 posts, read 1,704,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarLittle View Post
32.3% of Alabama residents would probably disagree.

I don't think beach-bum is saying it's easy to lose weight. I think he meant the formula to follow is "simple".

Old 07-07-2011, 04:55 PM

429 posts, read 954,328 times
They didn't ban phentermine, they banned fenfluramine, the other (and the bad) half of the "fen-phen" fad a few years ago. Phentermine is still widely used.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 PM

24 posts, read 35,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
I don't think beach-bum is saying it's easy to lose weight. I think he meant the formula to follow is "simple".
Yes that is what I meant. "Magic pills" aren't the way, the simple and safe way to lose weight is to cut back on calories with a good diet and get a little exercise.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:55 PM

22 posts, read 68,956 times
Don't waste your money. Only way to lose weight is lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains, lean protein, portion control and exercise. At the end of the day nothing else works, just pipe dreams. If there was a magic formula you could purchase everyone would be thin. Eat as much as you want, just make sure it's healthy whole (not processed junk) food and you'll lose weight. I gained 35 lbs in my late 40's, tried every stupid diet, lost then gained it back half dozen times. Started eating this way and lost 40lbs in 6 months. Good Luck.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:02 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebohio View Post
Don't waste your money. Only way to lose weight is lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains, lean protein, portion control and exercise. At the end of the day nothing else works, just pipe dreams. If there was a magic formula you could purchase everyone would be thin. Eat as much as you want, just make sure it's healthy whole (not processed junk) food and you'll lose weight. I gained 35 lbs in my late 40's, tried every stupid diet, lost then gained it back half dozen times. Started eating this way and lost 40lbs in 6 months. Good Luck.
Good advice. I recently lost 15 lbm doing exactly just that. Eat wisely.

What you eat, minus what energy you spent via exercise/ physical activities, etc., does NOT equal what you poop out ! A large amount of calories get absorbed by your body and store as fat.

So unless you can increase the amount of energy you spend via physical activities, which will involve a life-style change that most of us can not consistently maintain, the only viable mean is to be selective on what you put in your mouth and swallow. The biggest difference for me was to cut back on pasta, potatoes/ french fries, bread, rice, etc., drastically reduce the amount of carbohydrate that I eat. That alone has made a big difference. I still eat lots of meat & veggies, so it's not that painful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area