U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 06:21 PM

80 posts, read 174,601 times

Advertisements

We are looking at the Hardiman subdivision - off County Line Road in Madison.

My questions are-
1. Is this part of the annexed area of Huntsville?
2. If this is annexed by Huntsville - will my kids get 'bused' all the way to Columbia? I am concerned as I heard some not so good things about Columbia. They've got great facilities though.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 02:07 PM

14 posts, read 21,602 times
Hello! To answer your questions Hardiman Estates is located in Madison and schools are Madison city: Mill Creek Elementary, Liberty Middle, and Bob Jones High School.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:09 AM

956 posts, read 2,309,459 times
amsa526, Hardiman is actually in Limestone County but zoned for Madison City Schools, with a Madison address. The homes in Hardiman will be zoned for the new high school in 2012. There are actually a few good deals in the back, at Creekside of Hardiman. Have you checked those out? They seem to have a few nicer amenties with a more custom feel.

Also, Breland is building right there as well. They build a nice home and there were some wooded lots last time I drove through.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Default Hardiman

Yes - we do like Hardiman.

But interestingly enough ... if you drive down a bit, you will find Brighton Park ... which will connect to Ashbury.
Ashbury also has a direct access to the homes in Hardiman.

We have settled on Breland Homes ... but we need to compare with existing homes - that are same size - and build within the last 5-8 years... doing due diligence.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:12 PM

Quick question though ...
Typically - in a healthy market, the first homes in a subdivision will appreciate (potentially far more) compared to the last remaining homes. Is this true here?
I am looking at a new subdivision ... Ashbury - Phase 3 - but not many homes yet.
I am thinking of either jumping in ... or look for a more established subdvision - where I am not one of the first few residents. Any thoughts?

Old 09-20-2011, 06:33 PM

amsa526: I have sold 3 in Phase 1 and 2. So far, they "should" break even when selling. Breland has been wonderful about not slashing prices thus far. They also have not negotiated in the past...a bit frutrating, but in the scheme of things, at least you won't have to worry about who got a better deal. (you or your neighbors). They are changing floorplans here and there, but overall the value is remaining. I love phase 3 with the treed lots. It's even better now that they are putting in the pool. That's a BIG thumbs up in my opinion! You can't go wrong with them. Fabulous to work with and they stand by their homes. I think Nate will be your onsite superintendent. You'll love him...he's gone over and beyond for my buyers. Paul, the onsite agent, has always been great to deal with as well. Best of luck to you!

Old 09-21-2011, 09:52 AM

It is quite confusing though ... but I don't blame anyone for this. I like Breland Homes.
Each community has its own specs and standard options ... so the two different communities may have the same plan ... but because of the different standard options - they will end up not being priced the same way.
Still has our sights on Asbury 3 or Brighton Farms ... but doing due diligence by looking at existing homes (<5 years old).

Old 09-21-2011, 05:12 PM

amsa526-You are doing the right thing by checking existing inventory. There are still a few deals floating around. I like Ashbury 3 with the pool and trees Happy shopping!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area