Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 01:22 PM

13 posts, read 22,577 times

Advertisements

Came down last weekend to look for a home when we move in the next 4 months. I am pretty familiar with alabama but my how has hsv grown, we toured alot of development. We like southeast Huntsville but I think we are going to choose in south west Madison county, is this a nice area of town? We looked in lake forest and river landing and I was astonished with the amount of construction in river landing and the facilities. A coworker of mine said the feeder schools aren't great, can anyone give me some info on this area...TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times
DMVDOD: Your best source for school information is GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community I would start with your favorite schools and work from there

Lake Forest has long been called Lake Foreclosure, but now is starting to move in a couple of price ranges...a few months ago I would have said no way to Lake Forest. They are finally absorbing the inventory. I'm not 100% sold on it, yet. Depends on the deal/area. Keeping an eye open for sure.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 PM

355 posts, read 963,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_G View Post

Lake Forest has long been called Lake Foreclosure, but now is starting to move in a couple of price ranges...a few months ago I would have said no way to Lake Forest. They are finally absorbing the inventory. I'm not 100% sold on it, yet. Depends on the deal/area. Keeping an eye open for sure.
Does that mean they are finally making deals with some reasonable pricing?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM

300 posts, read 606,800 times
We just bought a home in Lake Forest; we went with Breland and found their prices to be very reasonable with a lot of higher-quality extras thrown in to "be in line" with the other homes in the Lake Forest community.

Yes, I've read that the schools aren't too good, but we're looking into private school anyway. I think it's a great area!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 PM

E Limestone Dude: Several foreclosures and a few existing have sold. Breland moving in has helped. So many undeveloped lots...the neighborhood should be good to go sooner rather than later I'm guessing. They just had FAR too much in inventory. Looking better and better now

Pamnbam: I love Breland!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM

652 posts, read 1,304,565 times
We have 3 sets of friends that all bought foreclosures in Lake Forest and seem very happy. But, like pamnbam, they all went with private schools.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:13 PM

13 posts, read 22,577 times
Watt is the concensus on the river landing subdivision on zierdt rd?

Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM

DMVDOD: River Landing is selling like hot cakes...there are currently 31 homes under contract. In the past 12 months, they have sold 58! Breland is selling! I have sold 3 in River Landing. All of my buyers really enjoy living there. I initially felt it was too far out, but after driving it a few times it really isn't a bad drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area