Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:54 PM

164 posts, read 314,817 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are both working long days and when we come home with the baby, there is just no time to keep the house up...

Does anyone have a recommendation on someone they have used to clean their house?

We live in Madison, off of County Line Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 06:59 PM

2,451 posts, read 3,212,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemedic View Post
My wife and I are both working long days and when we come home with the baby, there is just no time to keep the house up...

Does anyone have a recommendation on someone they have used to clean their house?

We use The Housekeepers. The Housekeepers, Inc. (http://www.thehousekeepers.com/home.html - broken link)

Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 PM

296 posts, read 693,642 times
Quote:

We are in same boat (sans baby); would appreciate more recommendations.

thanks,

marc

Old 11-19-2011, 09:02 PM

164 posts, read 314,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
We use The Housekeepers. The Housekeepers, Inc. (http://www.thehousekeepers.com/home.html - broken link)
How happy are you with them, any issues?

Old 11-19-2011, 09:07 PM

2,451 posts, read 3,212,147 times
Quote:
How happy are you with them, any issues?
We've been using them for a couple of years now. No significant issues.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:23 AM

268 posts, read 634,143 times
We use Housekeepers also - they do a good job.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:42 AM

118 posts, read 430,324 times
My wife and I used to use The Housekeepers. The service started off well but went downhill. The cleaners started slacking off and continued to do so even after we contacted the service. And it wasn't one steady cleaning lady, there were a few that came (and had access to our house key).

When we called to cancel, the lady seemed indifferent and didn't bother asking why.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 AM

27 posts, read 59,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinian View Post
We live in Hampton Cove, and use The Maids. They're extremely professional and very thorough, and the owner will work with you to give you estimates for both initial cleaning (pricey) and maintenance cleanings (more reasonable). By "work with you", I mean, for example, that we are (for now) only using about 2500 sq ft of a much larger home, so they only clean those specific areas, which runs a little over $100 per visit.
Two years later, we're still pleased (but the price has gone up a bit).

Old 11-22-2011, 08:23 PM

956 posts, read 2,499,761 times
We used the Housekeepers for a couple of years as well and had the same experience that stewertbra had. Started off great and went downhill. Different cleaner each time and each new housekeeper would miss something major. We requested keeping the same cleaner each week but they were having major turnover at the time. No idea how they are now, however.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:56 PM

152 posts, read 240,760 times
We found a young girl on Care.com who does an absolutely fabulous job cleaning our place. I'm pretty sure she's not taking new customers, but you may want to check out Care.com for some listings.

Coog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area