Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 PM

283 posts, read 405,561 times

Advertisements

That Mall is for thug's and the totally undesirable, The last time i went to sears, we i came out to go to the food court, all we saw was young men with there pants half way off and young woman looking like there steady looking for a thug man or boy should i say. I learned the hard way about that place. I hate to say it but the area says it all. It is surrounded by low income housing apartment complexes that are full of crime , so they take the crime to the mall. My family and i will never shop there again, even thou they have great stores. I prefer the safety of Bridge street Mall. I may have to pay more , but nothing is worth the hassle of Madison Square Mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,724,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2coolmom View Post
nothing is worth the hassle of Madison Square Mall.

I agree! I say the same thing about Wal-Mart.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM

90 posts, read 214,615 times
Quote:
That Mall is for thug's and the totally undesirable, The last time i went to sears, we i came out to go to the food court, all we saw was young men with there pants half way off and young woman looking like there steady looking for a thug man or boy should i say. I learned the hard way about that place. I hate to say it but the area says it all. It is surrounded by low income housing apartment complexes that are full of crime , so they take the crime to the mall. My family and i will never shop there again, even thou they have great stores. I prefer the safety of Bridge street Mall. I may have to pay more , but nothing is worth the hassle of Madison Square Mall.
Ha! Safety of Bridge Street Mall... You should do a search here about them (//www.city-data.com/forum/hunts...afe-night.html).

Last edited by felix1028; 05-02-2012 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Added Link.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,183,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix1028 View Post
Ha! Safety of Bridge Street Mall... You should do a search here about them (//www.city-data.com/forum/hunts...afe-night.html).
Sadly, I feel safer at Madison Sq Mall at night than I do Bridge Street...

Old 05-03-2012, 09:27 PM

283 posts, read 372,811 times
Quote:
I prefer the safety of Bridge street Mall. I may have to pay more , but nothing is worth the hassle of Madison Square Mall.
I can understand that. However, there's this undercurrent whenever people mention certain places being "safer" than others. This isn't to knock legitimate safety concerns, but some people use it to suggest something entirely different.

That said, I felt pretty safe at both malls. Nevertheless, I always used common sense and refrained from staying out too late at either location.

Someone should take some photos of Madison square for the Deadmalls site. I'll do just that whenever I get some free time.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 AM

283 posts, read 405,561 times
Yes i agree with the at night part, I never shop at night and when i go shopping in general i take one of my very tall, strong teenage boys with me or my husband. I have been trained how to fight and i can take down most folks but , i do have sense enough that if i go out i do it during the day time on my off days with a companion. I am 40 yrs old now and i just feel with they this world is going you need someone around no matter what. I am a very independent person but i never shop alone.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,016,585 times
Quote:
Yes i agree with the at night part, I never shop at night and when i go shopping in general i take one of my very tall, strong teenage boys with me or my husband. I have been trained how to fight and i can take down most folks...
You do know if you're held up, just give them your money. It's a personal attack that you need to berzerk for.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:24 AM

614 posts, read 759,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
You do know if you're held up, just give them your money. It's a personal attack that you need to berzerk for.

Yeah, just roll over and give it up. They are entitled to your money. Give them your kids, too. It's the progressive thing to do.

Or...

Hello mr hold up guy. Let me introduce you to Mr. Glock.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,225,556 times
I don't know what was happening at Bridgestreet Thursday morning, but I was there around 10:00 and there were 5 HSV police cars at the south end by PF Changs and something obviously happened either at or around the Lucky Brand store. There was a gathering of police, BS security, and the store manager out there and she looked very distressed

Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 AM

308 posts, read 524,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Most people are just advertising that they want to be a victim.
Change your attitude and composure and you will be less likely to become a victim.
Be aware of your surroundings will help you a lot, but no, most people have no idea what is going on in the area they walk.

I'm 62, walk with a cane and a straight posture, and I'm aware of my surroundings, while walking just as much as while driving.
As for the "dangerous" mall, I've been there and walk straight up to those gangbangers if I want to, and and they move for me. BTDT.
Why ? because I dont act like a wannabe victim !

I also always carry a BHP or 1911, being a student of JMB and Jeff Cooper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area