Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
...Is that really their name? Just pizza?...
I think it might be "The Pizzeria."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Back when I used to work in a pizza joint the manager told us that every pizza we made had to be perfect every time. Just because we made 100 pizzas a day we couldn't get careless - "Tend to each pizza like it is the one you will be judged by."

I think it's pretty difficult to rate a pizza place on a single visit if the management doesn't make sure they put out a consistent product. If a pizza place is truly bad - consistently, it won't be around long. I've yet to get a pizza that I just couldn't eat.
Since it was very close to our house I tried it three times. First time was very good, but the next two times were below grade for me.

Where did you work Dirt?

Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 PM

394 posts, read 628,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I think it's pretty difficult to rate a pizza place on a single visit if the management doesn't make sure they put out a consistent product. If a pizza place is truly bad - consistently, it won't be around long. I've yet to get a pizza that I just couldn't eat.
Try Newks, it will fit the "just couldn't eat" bill. Better yet save your money and buy a Tony's frozen pizza for $2 and you will be much happier. Again, just my opinion...

Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMadHatter View Post
Try Newks, it will fit the "just couldn't eat" bill. Better yet save your money and buy a Tony's frozen pizza for $2 and you will be much happier. Again, just my opinion...
Hahaha!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 AM

513 posts, read 868,171 times
Mental note: Try Mellow Mushroom.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 AM

513 posts, read 868,171 times
So far I really like Marco's Pizza.... Domino's specialty pizza's is the BEST! I could eat the whole thing in 1 sitting. Famous Joe's I like the Sicilian pizza but the last time I got it, I was disappointed..along with Big Ed's not happy about them either. Now I was at the Parkway mall because I had to drop something off. I had a Sabarro's pizza and it was DIVINE. I wanted a 2nd slice. I didn't know Newk's sold pizza; I'm always focused on their salad's. Pie in the Sky was ok.. kinda on the pricey side.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:38 AM

295 posts, read 442,351 times
We have a teenage son so our dinners out with him are often pizza. Mellow Mushroom and Pie in the Sky are both pretty good but we've been there on off nights, too. We used to like Donato's okay but the quality just isn't what it used to be. We liked Famous Joe's the one time we tried it but we just haven't made it back. Our favorite pizza, though, is Papa Murphy's. With a coupon, we can get a large with lots of toppings for ~$10. We bring it home, throw on some bleu cheese crumbles and green olives (two items they don't offer) and bake it ourselves so it comes out perfectly done. Not to mention that the beer is a lot colder and cheaper at home! Maybe it's just the number of birthdays I've experienced but I don't enjoy noisy restaurants and don't tolerate wild kidlings like I used to.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant08 View Post
Heading to Naples in the summertime; I'm scared to come back home and eat pizza back in the states.....

Here you go:

Pizza places to go in Naples (as requested):

Da Michele, L' Antica Pizzeria da Michele - Maestri Pizzaioli dal 1870 - Pizzeria Napoli
THE definitive pizza place in Naples. Period. My go to place for all out of town guests during my time there. Julia Roberts ate here most recently during the filming of Eat, Pray, Love.

Pellone, via Nazionale nr 93. Kinda hard to get to (not in touristy area) but worth it.

Di Matteo, Via dei Tribunali, 94. Where Clinton ate during the G7 in 1994.

Pizzaiolo del Presidente, Via Tribunali 120. Opened by the dude who made Clinton's pizza.

Pizzeria Brandi, Salita S. Anna di Palazzo, 1-2. Never actually ate here myself, but it's supposed to be one of the city's most historic pizza places.

Pizzeria Da Gennaro, Via Ascanio, 43. The black truffle pizza. Wow. WOW!

Pizzeria Sorbillo. Via dei Tribunali, 32. Another "landmark" place. Not sure if I ever ate there.

There is a particular one that I'm thinking of but can't remember the name. A mom and pop hole in the wall place that I went to with a friend many times. Will try to think of it.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 PM

One more...

Acunzo, ristorante pizzeria, Napoli, visual site

Old 03-24-2013, 01:34 PM

One more...

Napoli, Ristorante Pizzeria Acunzo: locale storico del Vomero « Luciano Pignataro Wineblog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area