Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,754,919 times

Advertisements

Imo's is great - certainly better than Papa Murphy's - now, that's the worst pizza EVER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 05:34 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,079,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Imo's is great - certainly better than Papa Murphy's - now, that's the worst pizza EVER.
I've only had one Papa Murphy's pizza, it was okay for chain pizza. Somewhere in that Domino's/Lil Ceasar range.

Imo's - you are right. It was the 2nd worst.

Worst was still Randy's Wooster Street in Southington, CT. I had bad dreams of that place the other day.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 AM

295 posts, read 439,772 times
Worst pizza I ever had was in Atlanta. We spent all day at a conference, got back to our hotel room very late and decided to order in pizza. The front desk gave us a menu from a local place so we ordered their "specialty." Big mistake! It was literally a 4 inch thick crust with a very sweet, ketchup-like sauce and 5 or 6 pepperoni slices. We've been pleasantly surprised with local eateries many times, but this one made us wish we had gone the Domino's/Papa John's route.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBellum View Post
Worst pizza I ever had was in Atlanta. We spent all day at a conference, got back to our hotel room very late and decided to order in pizza. The front desk gave us a menu from a local place so we ordered their "specialty." Big mistake! It was literally a 4 inch thick crust with a very sweet, ketchup-like sauce and 5 or 6 pepperoni slices. We've been pleasantly surprised with local eateries many times, but this one made us wish we had gone the Domino's/Papa John's route.
You've got to post the name of the place - I don't want to make this mistake

Atlanta- There was a place in Marrieta, Uncle Vito's. Wasn't the best, but was pretty good. NY Style.

Varasano's - upscale place, but no brick oven. Still pretty good.

Tried a place in Cumming, GA area, but I can't remember the name. Atlanta Pizza Kitchen or something like that. Pizza was fair, but service was shaky.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
You've got to post the name of the place - I don't want to make this mistake
It has been a couple of years so I don't recall the name of the place. It was in Marietta near Allgood Road. I just tried to Google it but I don't think it was any of the places that came up. Maybe their "quality" spoke for them and they are no longer in business!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,184,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Earthfare also has a really good take and bake pizza.
We were just in Earthfare this morning and all their take & bake pizzas were on sale for $6. Not a bad price, IMHO!

Old 07-20-2013, 01:44 PM

25 posts, read 35,300 times
Well, maybe I won't try papa murphy's, even at $10. Hard (for me) to imagine anything being worse than Imo's.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:47 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,754,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonGene-O View Post
Well, maybe I won't try papa murphy's, even at $10. Hard (for me) to imagine anything being worse than Imo's.
lol - just because I like Imo's doesn't make it great pizza. I like Imo's because it tastes good to me - it's a thin crust with not too much cheese and a sauce I just happen to like.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
lol - just because I like Imo's doesn't make it great pizza. I like Imo's because it tastes good to me - it's a thin crust with not too much cheese and a sauce I just happen to like.

Sort of like liking something no one else liked, Brussel Sprouts for example. You know its not really good, but you like it anyway.

What got me about Imo's was we got an Italian Sausage sandwich, and that was amazing.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM

It would be a boring world indeed if we all liked the same things! Funny thing is, I hated brussel sprouts my whole life until a year ago. I got stuck in a situation where I had to eat them and was shocked to find myself actually likinge the taste. I do try to revisit my "unliked" foods every so often, just in case my taste has changed. I have added some new things to my diet over the years, but fish, licorice, and lima beans are still on the "no, thanks" list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area