U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:49 PM

224 posts, read 317,997 times

Advertisements

The poster did talk with her neighbor and the neighbor escalated the behavior.

Yes, get a lawyer to give some advice on how you can deal with this legally. Throwing poison on the neighbors vine will probably escalate the behavior further. I am pretty sure it is against the law to kill peoples property even if it is on your fence! That was great advice

For a nominal fee a lawyer can give advice on what you can do about the vine and would probably also help draft a letter. It is not a big deal to offer sound advice to someone.

It may not be a big deal to you since it isn't your fence, but it is to the poster
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM

4 posts, read 5,327 times
Let it go. Don't let this control you. At least her dogs aren't ****ting in your yard and you don't have to clean it up. Sorry for the graphic word but it's not as bad as you think. She could be posting political signs of someone you don't like, just to upset you. What if she starts playing loud music and you can't sleep? It's not as bad as you think. You don't have control over what your neighbor's do unless you're in a HOA. But to sell your house and move to one is just to big of a stretch. Find someway to be accepting of things and just forget about it. It's possible to shift how you think.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:06 PM

149 posts, read 320,380 times
How often does she engage in this? If its only a couple times a year or so,I guess I would just clean it up and not say anything.
We have had the Neighbors From Hell for the past 15 years.They are Drug Dealers with lots of friends!We have worked so hard the past 20 years to have a nice place,and they have done everything possible to run us out.
Over the years they have egged our place,busted out a window,shot fireworks toward our home and other structures on our property,beer cans and cigarette butts all along our fence line beside the street.Found drug needles in our front yard.Called us into the street to fight usually atleast 8to 10 of them at a time.
And now the new thing is,which really is starting to get old after about 6 years is they have brought in game chickens.At first they built a few coups to keep them in but shortly after they were through fighting them they started letting them breed and run lose all over the community.
Since were one of the closest neighbors with alot of trees and landscapeing we get it the worse.
They know it drives us crazy.Weve called animal controll many times,but everytime they claim the chickens arent theirs.I could go on and on about this.Most of the people liveing in this house have criminal records of some sort.Weve tried to sell before,but no one nice wants to live around here anymore because of them.Its been a nightmare we will never forget.We have hopes to try try to sell again a.s.a.p.but we are afraid it wont be any better this time.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 PM

513 posts, read 800,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Oh good god people. These replies are the exact reason I can't stand to live in a subdivision/neighborhood. Get a lawyer just because she is throwing the pieces or over or maybe she is trimming the tops and they are simply falling over the fence? Roundup the vines, kill them and **** your neighbor off? Really people?

How about you simply act like a grown up and walk over to your neighbour's and say "Hey if you don't mind, please do not throw or try not to drop your vine clippings into my yard."

Old 03-14-2013, 08:51 PM

4,740 posts, read 9,551,196 times
Again, the OP said "already asked her to stop...she just yells obsenities at me."

The neighbor was past being a reasonable adult a year ago...

Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 AM

3,298 posts, read 5,644,176 times
We had a crazy neighbor when we lived in FL.....NOTHING would appease her, she just lived to make our life miserable. We went out of our way to be as kind and helpful to her as possible but she was just a hateful, miserable person. She accused my then 5 year old of unscrewing the lightbulbs from her lights on either side of her garage...WHAT??? Like my tiny child could (or even would) drag a ladder to her house, climb up it, and unscrew her bulbs. She actually called the police on us about that....and three days later I had 5 decking nails pulled out of one of my SUV tires that was parked outside of our garage. Nails were DRIVEN into my tire cleanly, tire guy said no way those were picked up from the road. She had just had a new deck built.....Coincidence?

It got to the point where she was literally harassing us....she called the police on us MULTIPLE times accusing my (again, tiny child) of all sorts of crap....from digging up her sprinkler system that was enclosed in her fenced yard (I guess he was a pole vaulter too and we just never realized it!), to throwing gum in the street that she ran over and brought into her CARPETED garage (ok...that could have happened, but REALLY?). She always told the police she had "photos of the incidents" but never would produce them. She was nuts. Eventually, we just ignored her and when the cop would show up from another one of her crazy calls we would have him in for coffee and laugh it off with him. They all knew she was crazy. She eventually moved on to another neighbor after we would not respond to her anymore and she knew she could not get us "riled up".

I was thankful to move and always referred to her as a lovely lady when we listed our house to sell I still have several friends in that neighborhood I keep in touch with and she has proceeded to make all their lives miserable as well, literally just moving from one to the next. Some people are just like that, and unfortunately we can't do psychological exams on our neighbors before we buy a house

I still have all the 5+ page letters she would also leave in our mailbox....its like the incoherent rantings of a serial killer.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,052,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
We had a crazy neighbor when we lived in FL.....NOTHING would appease her, she just lived to make our life miserable. We went out of our way to be as kind and helpful to her as possible but she was just a hateful, miserable person. She accused my then 5 year old of unscrewing the lightbulbs from her lights on either side of her garage...WHAT??? Like my tiny child could (or even would) drag a ladder to her house, climb up it, and unscrew her bulbs. She actually called the police on us about that....and three days later I had 5 decking nails pulled out of one of my SUV tires that was parked outside of our garage. Nails were DRIVEN into my tire cleanly, tire guy said no way those were picked up from the road. She had just had a new deck built.....Coincidence?

It got to the point where she was literally harassing us....she called the police on us MULTIPLE times accusing my (again, tiny child) of all sorts of crap....from digging up her sprinkler system that was enclosed in her fenced yard (I guess he was a pole vaulter too and we just never realized it!), to throwing gum in the street that she ran over and brought into her CARPETED garage (ok...that could have happened, but REALLY?). She always told the police she had "photos of the incidents" but never would produce them. She was nuts. Eventually, we just ignored her and when the cop would show up from another one of her crazy calls we would have him in for coffee and laugh it off with him. They all knew she was crazy. She eventually moved on to another neighbor after we would not respond to her anymore and she knew she could not get us "riled up".

I was thankful to move and always referred to her as a lovely lady when we listed our house to sell I still have several friends in that neighborhood I keep in touch with and she has proceeded to make all their lives miserable as well, literally just moving from one to the next. Some people are just like that, and unfortunately we can't do psychological exams on our neighbors before we buy a house

I still have all the 5+ page letters she would also leave in our mailbox....its like the incoherent rantings of a serial killer.
This sounds like a neighbor my Sunday School teacher described.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:53 PM

3,023 posts, read 3,945,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Again, the OP said "already asked her to stop...she just yells obsenities at me."

The neighbor was past being a reasonable adult a year ago...
Apparently she wasn't asked properly. I would ask and then when the obscenities started, I would slap the taste out of her mouth and proceed to teach her combinations of obscenities she had never thought of using.....but that's just me. When I said "ask," what I really meant was to go ask "Hey moron, you aren't going to throw your f*****g vines on my yard anymore are you?" I can be the biggest a$$hole around if I am provoked.....ask one of my ex-neighbors that thought she was going to pull that sort of behavior with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area