Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,033,958 times

Advertisements

I'm not fond of Smokey's because the service is very slow sometimes and often they have Fox News blaring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 09:29 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,277,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Granvilles, it's good

Home - Granville's Gourmet BBQ & Catering in Huntsville, AL

Teds BBQ in Five Points is very good as well
I have had some pretty shoddy food from Granvilles, Teds usually delivers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Smokey's in Madison is often overlooked I find to be very good. Perfer it over the Thomas pit bbq.

Blackjacks pork sandwhich is a winner
Blackjack's and Things BBQ worth the drive and excellent addition to Huntsville's barbecue choices (photos) | AL.com

surprised Jim n Nicks hasn't located in the Huntsville metro
Jim N Nicks allegedly was in our metro back in the 90's. They have had so many identity crisises over the years, they finally know what the want to do and hopefully they will come back. I write them letters from time to time urging them to come back up here. I was told the location was on Restaurant Row on University, where now is mostly just car dealers.

I don't know how you could pick Smokeys over Thomas P. Smokeys has NO flavor, Thomas P is ready to go without the great white sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
I'm not fond of Smokey's because the service is very slow sometimes and often they have Fox News blaring.
I worked at smokeys for about 15 days 4yrs ago. Service can be awful and Fox news is ALWAYS blaring!
Derek the owner is a family friend of Mo Brooks.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 PM

703 posts, read 934,406 times
Unfortunately, I never did find a BBQ place in Huntsville that impressed me. I had heard that Big Jim's Bama Q on Hwy 117 in Valley Head was good, but I never made it. I will tell you if you ever head south to the Gulf Coast you owe it yourself to enjoy The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint http://theshedbbq.com/ that place is awesome!

Old 11-08-2013, 08:00 PM

513 posts, read 867,823 times
Quote:
I like Smokey's and well since you mentioned the FN I'll go more often

Old 06-27-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant08 View Post
I like Smokey's and well since you mentioned the FN I'll go more often
It's been a few years and Smokey's along with a few others have closed recently.

The wings and baked beans at RD’s Smokehouse are delicious, but i am still on the hunt for the best pulled pork in Town.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:47 AM

955 posts, read 744,144 times
Quote:
Why does someone always have to bring politics into everything? Youve got a serious problem

Old 06-29-2022, 10:41 AM

292 posts, read 234,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Why does someone always have to bring politics into everything? Youve got a serious problem
Dude, that post was 9 years ago!

Old 10-07-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
It's been a few years and Smokey's along with a few others have closed recently.

The wings and baked beans at RD’s Smokehouse are delicious, but i am still on the hunt for the best pulled pork in Town.
After years of searching, I may have finally found the best pulled pork in the area.

I tried Whitt's Barbecue on Elm Street in Athens and thought their pulled pork sandwiches were delicious.

My wife really enjoyed their Brunswick Stew also.

RD’s Smokehouse has the best wings and barbecue baked beans around.

Now I just need to find out who has the best ribs in the area. Any ideas ?

I heard it was Big Cove BBQ, but I never made it there before they closed.

It is definitely challenging when you throw a rock and either hit a BBQ Restaurant or Mexican Restaurant here. So many options.

Old 10-07-2022, 11:34 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,590,939 times
Quote:
After years of searching, I may have finally found the best pulled pork in the area.

I tried Whitt's Barbecue on Elm Street in Athens and thought their pulled pork sandwiches were delicious.

My wife really enjoyed their Brunswick Stew also.

RD’s Smokehouse has the best wings and barbecue baked beans around.

I heard it was Big Cove BBQ, but I never made it there before they closed.

It is definitely challenging when you throw a rock and either hit a BBQ Restaurant or Mexican Restaurant here. So many options.
There used to be a Whitt's Barbecue in Huntsville but it closed years ago. Do know what's the best place to get BBQ in Huntsville?

Old 10-07-2022, 03:21 PM

108 posts, read 94,741 times
Quote:
...snip...

I loved Hickory Barn west of Athens (in the New Cut Rd area @72) and would drive 40+ miles to eat there. My work birthday celebration was there one year. Alas they were done in by a tornado and didn't have enough damage (per FEMA) to cover their losses.

I now drive to Corner Pit BBQ in TN at exit 6 (about 3 miles off I-65 to the east). Only open select days, it's best to follow their FB page.

BBQ chicken I like Boarhog's on 72 East, just east of Shields Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area