Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 01:14 PM

129 posts, read 432,942 times

Advertisements

I am in my last week of this class, and I feel like I'm going crazy. I can't quite figure out why my last 2 programs don't work. One is a linked list, and the other one is a binary search tree. Can anyone out there help? Maybe I could send you my programs and you could let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I've been going to campus to see the C++ tutor, \but even he hasn't been able to help me, so I'm feeling desperate. I work so hard in this class, and I don't want all this hard work to be for nothing if I end up failing the final. I'm not asking for you to do my homework for me, so please don't misunderstand, I just don't know where else to go for help!

Please, and thank you in advance!
Erin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 02:45 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,436,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanllabean81 View Post
I am in my last week of this class, and I feel like I'm going crazy. I can't quite figure out why my last 2 programs don't work. One is a linked list, and the other one is a binary search tree. Can anyone out there help? Maybe I could send you my programs and you could let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I've been going to campus to see the C++ tutor, \but even he hasn't been able to help me, so I'm feeling desperate. I work so hard in this class, and I don't want all this hard work to be for nothing if I end up failing the final. I'm not asking for you to do my homework for me, so please don't misunderstand, I just don't know where else to go for help!

Please, and thank you in advance!
Erin
I'd re-post in the Science and Technology sub forum. You might get more responses than on this one. Ask the mod to relocate it for you.

Is it a large program that you're writing? Can you post the code?

Also, which compiler are you using?

For starters:

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/lesson15.html

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...list-using-C-C

Old 07-14-2012, 02:50 PM

129 posts, read 432,942 times
I didn't even know there were sub-forums. I'll do that, thanks. They are not very big. One is about 215 lines. I'm not sure about the other one...and yes, I can post the code. I'll find the sub-forum and post in there. I'm using Codeblocks. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2012, 03:01 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,740,504 times
Also look at unix.com. You can post code there for help

Old 07-14-2012, 03:20 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,265,421 times
Have they showed you how to use a debugger? In Linux/Unix it's commonly the command gdb, and for visual studio there is a dropdown menu with debugger commands. Spend about an hour learning the debugger for your environment. It can be extremely tedious, but it will pay off enormously because you can stop the program and step through line by line.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:11 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,835,336 times
Send me your source code files and I will take a look at them. What errors and/or problems are you having. Will your programs compile and run but crash or do you get compiler errors and can't even run them at all? Also make sure you have comments throughout your code describing its intended purpose so we can check to see if it actually does as intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area