U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 09:25 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,689,336 times

Advertisements

Okay don't laugh.

I'm one of those people who likes to be well rounded and always concentrates on learning or developing a skill where I'm the most deficient.

Time has come to address my inability to dance. I don't like dancing, I generally feel I'm going to embarrass myself... but damn it, so many people love doing it there must be something to it. I race motorcycles, skydive, sail open ocean, give presentations to technical people who don't accept fluff... and lo and behold the only thing I'm afraid of is dancing. Its retarded and it has to end.

So my question... does anyone know of anywhere to go that teaches how to dance to the sort of music you hear in the club? Hip hop/Dance/pop etc.

I've finally had it with being afraid of dancing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 AM

1,548 posts, read 2,756,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
Okay don't laugh.

I'm one of those people who likes to be well rounded and always concentrates on learning or developing a skill where I'm the most deficient.

Time has come to address my inability to dance. I don't like dancing, I generally feel I'm going to embarrass myself... but damn it, so many people love doing it there must be something to it. I race motorcycles, skydive, sail open ocean, give presentations to technical people who don't accept fluff... and lo and behold the only thing I'm afraid of is dancing. Its retarded and it has to end.

So my question... does anyone know of anywhere to go that teaches how to dance to the sort of music you hear in the club? Hip hop/Dance/pop etc.

I've finally had it with being afraid of dancing.
I don't live in your state, but dance studios often offer a variety of classes. Google studios in your area, jump on their site, and see if something interests you.

Also, if you're hesitant to dance in front of other people at first, another option might be dance DVDs (or, to save money, you might find something you like free online).

Good luck, and welcome to the world of dance!!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 AM

90 posts, read 202,660 times
I know its more of a work-out thing but have you looked into Zumba classes? They have them at UAHuntsville fitness center and Huntsville Hospital's Wellness Centers for sure. Its done to hip-hop/Reggaeton/Pop, and it will at least help you dance to a rhythm... You can stop by any of the Huntsville Hospital Wellness Centers and ask for a free week pass and try it out.

I also know UAHuntsville has swing, line, latin, and ballroom dance classes through their HPE department. Since they are only 2 credit hours the price *may* be competitive to a studio in town.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:59 AM

1,643 posts, read 2,755,354 times
I'll second that Zumba will teach you some real hoochie mama dance moves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area