U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 09:43 PM

442 posts, read 566,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
And again someone acting like snakes (or rats or whatever) are never going to move through your yard. Wild animals are going to go where they want outside for the most part. A tiny yard like you find in a city would be hard pressed to provide enough food to be a permanent home for many animals large enough for you to see them not matter how overgrown it gets, and even something takes up residence in an overgrown yard if you have conditions not conducive for it living on your land it won't. They may travel over your land, but that's already going on anyways even if you don't realize or notice it.
Don't get me wrong, I actually do feel a little bit sorry for him and I understand you are trying to stand up for what he thinks should be his right to an overgrown yard. He is obviously going for the "cabin in the woods" type feel or look but he'll have to move to the county for that like was stated in some of the posts above. There is no grass and weed abatement ordinance in the county. If I was him and wanted to go for this look I would build a cabin in the woods out in the county.

Last edited by FayettevilletoHuntsville; 05-31-2014 at 09:55 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 PM

442 posts, read 566,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
no one is an island, what you do, how you live impacts someone else.
Usually lack of respect for people or laws and selfishness leads to most of these problems.
The guy was a lazy slob albeit a nice one. Probably enjoyed jerking everyone around.
Look at all the time and money wasted because he wouldn't do some simple yard maintenance.
Sadly the city will probably be back this time next year. Wonder what he's hiding?
They may even be back several more times this year. The City of Huntsville grass and weed abatement ordinance actually states that all grass and weeds on any subdivided lot cannot exceed a height of 8 inches. He will have to start mowing the areas that they cut down on a regular basis now to keep it from exceeding a height of 8 inches again. That vegetation will be over 8 inches again in just a few weeks so they could even cite him all over again in maybe just 3 weeks. He's gonna have to buy a lawn mower and keep those areas mowed on a regular basis!

Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 PM

13,708 posts, read 18,671,005 times
Didn't look that bad to me. I've seen worse on "Hoarders."

Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 PM

5,239 posts, read 7,213,163 times
I think he should makes some changes, not to his own appearance but to his home. Paint it a revolting hot pink with lime green trim. Add a flock of plastic pink flamingos, lots of gnomes, a herd of steel garden pigs (in assorted bright colors), year round Christmas decorations, a couple of gaudy bird bathes and feeders and so on. Put some stuff on the lawn to kill it all and plant some Sunflowers or just concrete all ya can and paint it a lovely shade of green. Some nice bright yard lights will help accents his improvements. And maybe on loop a very low volume Christmas tune or the Star Wars soundtrack playing from a speaker on his porch. The neighbors may develop nightmares but they wanted him to trim his hideaway, so why not give them a good show.

He would need a couple of these at least. Nothing like the granny gnome bent over in the garden to make a statement.
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/u...ncyladybum.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area