Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 04:35 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm sure you can find them...but a little research goes a long way.....when it does come to dealing with thing's like this...

This company, from what I can tell (as there are many locally owned) have no problems with the BBB....

Some are with the BBB and others are not, however, when I look up your company Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more Very few are accredited with the BBB? Why is that?

Check Out a Business or Charity - Northern Alabama BBB for Www.Trane.Com

The company in the groupon has many more accredited companies than Trane?

Check Out a Business or Charity - Northern Alabama BBB for Aireserv

And about your $30 an hour.....

I work as a contractor on Redstone Arsenal, A company just gave up over $23,000 (of Engineering time) to get a contract....

What would you rather have, 1 person tell a few people how great your company is, or have that same person tell 20 - 30 people.....it's a risk....that a company has to take....

In the world of technology, it does not take long to ruin a reputation....
What advice persay do they tell people which to get? A Coleman...a York? LMAO

Anyone knows in the know that Trane and Lennox are the best. Closely followed by Bryant and Carrier.

You don't stay in business for 100 years selling bad products, ripping people off and doing crappy service work. The original owner used to have a slogan. "We sell the best and fix the rest!"

That's coming from a company who's roots are traced back to selling coal and being the first to handle central heating systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 05:15 PM

Be careful out there people. There are an awful lot of crooks in the business.

We steal their customers away everyday.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:33 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Lennox, for one, has set up a subsidiary company, Service Experts International, the main purpose of which is to buy up and consolidate local HVAC firms, then sell service contracts to oooooh-so-insecure sububanite trend-setter-wannabees who can be conned into buying far more vigilance tahn they probably need.

Working in one of their call-centers was an eye-opening experience. The "service economy" is increasingly built upon sand.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:23 PM

396 posts, read 664,641 times
I've got a Maytag.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:44 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
What advice persay do they tell people which to get? A Coleman...a York? LMAO

Anyone knows in the know that Trane and Lennox are the best. Closely followed by Bryant and Carrier.

You don't stay in business for 100 years selling bad products, ripping people off and doing crappy service work. The original owner used to have a slogan. "We sell the best and fix the rest!"

That's coming from a company who's roots are traced back to selling coal and being the first to handle central heating systems.
Amazing when you are brought fact and a little common sense, you won't answer the question...

Got it, you are dedicated to your company, good for you.....but just because you company goes back to the days of coal....does not mean they are always right.....

But lets not forget, you told us how good you are, and everyone else is stupid.....even after doing some research that proves you wrong.....you still are right, cause you said so....

I would NEVER let you work on anything of mine if I knew you.....and I will NEVER call Trane just because of your attitude.....

Old 09-02-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Amazing when you are brought fact and a little common sense, you won't answer the question...

Got it, you are dedicated to your company, good for you.....but just because you company goes back to the days of coal....does not mean they are always right.....

But lets not forget, you told us how good you are, and everyone else is stupid.....even after doing some research that proves you wrong.....you still are right, cause you said so....

I would NEVER let you work on anything of mine if I knew you.....and I will NEVER call Trane just because of your attitude.....
That's fine... It's only your short sided opinion. I wouldn't want to work on anyones equipment that thinks they know more than a licensed person in the business anyway.

FYI...this has nothing to do with Trane.
It's about service of all brands.... EXCELLENT service that is.... we have the excellence awards on the wall to prove it.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:23 PM

And what fact have you proven Chuck?
You don't listen to anyone who KNOWS?
Congrads...you deserve getting ripped off Sir!

Old 09-02-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Lennox, for one, has set up a subsidiary company, Service Experts International, the main purpose of which is to buy up and consolidate local HVAC firms, then sell service contracts to oooooh-so-insecure sububanite trend-setter-wannabees who can be conned into buying far more vigilance tahn they probably need.

Working in one of their call-centers was an eye-opening experience. The "service economy" is increasingly built upon sand.
Right, because flame sensors "might" make it two or three years without cleaning and a lockout. Bearing never go bad, IFC boards never fail, capacitors never blow or get too weak to crank the motor over, pressure switches never fail, heat exchangers don't crack and kill you in your sleep from carbon monoxide, coils don't get too dirty to pass air through them and overheat the compressor etc...etc...

There isn't any "myth" about it. This new equipment is high tech. It WILL take a s*** on you if it's not taken care of.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:38 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
And what fact have you proven Chuck?
And what have you provided? Let me guess? The company you work for has been around since the Coal era.....

Quote:
You don't listen to anyone who KNOWS?
Oh, I do, but I will not listen to people who think they are better than the person that has requested the work... (aka: You)

Quote:
Congrads...you deserve getting ripped off Sir!
I may get ripped off, but if I do it is my fault, nobody else but mine.......

However, what you have just done it completely disgrace "Trane" I hope you are satisfied with that...

Buy bye
Helen Hunt on SNL (1994) - BBye - Dailymotion-Video

Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
And what have you provided? Let me guess? The company you work for has been around since the Coal era.....

Oh, I do, but I will not listen to people who think they are better than the person that has requested the work... (aka: You)

I may get ripped off, but if I do it is my fault, nobody else but mine.......

However, what you have just done it completely disgrace "Trane" I hope you are satisfied with that...

Buy bye
Helen Hunt on SNL (1994) - BBye - Dailymotion-Video
What I provided is an honest opinion/advice of what those $39.95 "specials" truely are. Surely you don't think other companies think they are legit either? Well, they don't think so. Everyone in the business knows how they work and what they are. But........what would we know about it it...right? One company in question doesn't even have a license from the mechanical building department to work in the city they do. They do so without permits and inspections. They have been warned too many times...."if I catch ya again"........... Still they run a full page add in the penny saver every week and fools eat it up with all their BS and lies. Hey, don't complain to the rest of us when you get screwed. BTW...yes that was the company with the heat exhanger deal we got roped into. Never again...if we aren't the ones to see it first, we will not be going out to do work or put on parts unless we deem them defective ourselves.

If I disgraced Trane or my company by being 100% honest and forthcoming...so be it.

I sure as hell don't want to be "honored" telling lies..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area