Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:45 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatSnake View Post
There was a community meeting last year - and the memo was that we would transition to J Clemens.
I didn't hear much about it again this year ... as we actually home school.

Our neighbors (that we interact with) have toddlers ... so they have no updates either on the school thing.

Euclid is a very good house .... cul-de-sac! Basement! Madison Schools! Friendly neighbors! Non-OCD HOA! Excellent community facilities! But it came in the market I think 2-3 weeks after we signed our purchase agreement. We need to make a decision in July in order to hit our October/November move-out date (lease expires in Oct. 31). Stayed in Mountain Brook for almost 4 years ... the whole family loved it!

Anyway, wife wanted more rooms and a big big yard ... she wants a vegetable gardens and fruit trees (apples, lemons, blueberries, hybrid oranges...). The school district is not an issue for us ... so we looked at brand new at Breland, Savvy or Valor. The one we ended up with gave us the room, layout and land size we needed (and fencing as I would not have been able to fence that big a lot).
I don't know where they got that....it was never proposed to move that area out of Bob Jones. But it definitely stayed in BJHS. You can always go to the Madison City Schools website and get the zoning maps...it does have zoning listed by streets

I love Mountain Brook too, and the residents really must love it because that neighborhood does not have much turnover! Neither does Edgewater for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM

468 posts, read 907,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
I don't know where they got that....it was never proposed to move that area out of Bob Jones. But it definitely stayed in BJHS. You can always go to the Madison City Schools website and get the zoning maps...it does have zoning listed by streets

I love Mountain Brook too, and the residents really must love it because that neighborhood does not have much turnover! Neither does Edgewater for that matter.
Yes ... Mountain Brook is a great place. No wonder the home prices here are very 'sticky'... the neighborhood and schools compensate for the relative age of the houses.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:08 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,126,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
OOOh, I have been having the same idea about a gravel yard, I LOVE the smell of grass and feel, but sadly I am very allergic to everything here, including grass. I almost thought about moving to Monte Sano just to get away from it, but to get the house and space I want I'd need to spend 2mil, money I don't have.
But also the gravel garden can have a modern look to it and we are gonna redo the old ranch into a modern looking house.
Yep..I've been researching and collecting pics. There are some pretty cool looking ones out there. We have a lot of erosion going on...hills, woods and the hubbit is over trying to mow rocks and a few grassy/weedy patches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area