Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,126,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
I'm not from here, and I always laugh at how many times some people say roll tide.

They weave it into normal conversation so much.

"I'm going to get some water, you want anything?"

"Yeah, get me an orange....roll tide"

..."And a coke. An orange coke."

(Roll Eagle)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
I know the 3rd house.

Those people are crazy for not getting it!

Get an invisible fence like most people do. It's cheaper than their perceived feared cost of an actual fence.

Do you happen to know where the first one was located?

Overall, they picked the most boring and generic house. I mean after all the PUFF of Twickingham and Southern twang on everything, I really hoped they would go for 1 or 3.

Lastly I was crying foul about them going to a Chain, but since he went to school in T Town I give them a pass and they made up for it with the Space and Rocket Center and Cotton Row.

Also the agent had a great personality! Reminded me a bit of my mom.
The first house is on Edgehill, between Lily Flagg and Weatherly off Bailey Cove. To me, it looks better on TV than in person

I have shown all three (to three different buyers).....I disagree about the third. Backyard is much smaller than it looks on tv, and it backs one of the busier roads in Edgewater, so you don't get that "quiet" in the backyard. It was nice, but lacked much of what you expect in a house that price, even in Edgewater. They didn't put their money where they should have IMO.....bathroom updates, kitchen (except for the granite...that is a pretty pricey granite). BTW....it just went contingent not too long ago. They did reduce $30k from what it originally listed at. The upstairs bath was extremely small to be the only bath for 3 bedrooms plus the bonus. That is why my clients axed it...oh, and she didn't like those textured ceilings either, I thought that was funny the guy brought that up!

The house they bought...that screened porch is IMO more fabulous than it appeared on tv. I would live out there if that was my house! Only negative is that is one of the priciest houses in Arbor Woods...which is what gave my clients pause about it.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
The first house is on Edgehill, between Lily Flagg and Weatherly off Bailey Cove. To me, it looks better on TV than in person

I have shown all three (to three different buyers).....I disagree about the third. Backyard is much smaller than it looks on tv, and it backs one of the busier roads in Edgewater, so you don't get that "quiet" in the backyard. It was nice, but lacked much of what you expect in a house that price, even in Edgewater. They didn't put their money where they should have IMO.....bathroom updates, kitchen (except for the granite...that is a pretty pricey granite). BTW....it just went contingent not too long ago. They did reduce $30k from what it originally listed at. The upstairs bath was extremely small to be the only bath for 3 bedrooms plus the bonus. That is why my clients axed it...oh, and she didn't like those textured ceilings either, I thought that was funny the guy brought that up!

The house they bought...that screened porch is IMO more fabulous than it appeared on tv. I would live out there if that was my house! Only negative is that is one of the priciest houses in Arbor Woods...which is what gave my clients pause about it.
I was wondering when you were going to chime in!

I agree about the backyard in #3, I am a big fan of Spinnaker Ridge and like the Hedge instead of a fence, but I don't have dogs or small kids...

Also bragged on you to Bill at Carrabbas on Friday. He was seated right next to us. Couldn't resist!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,494 times
I knew this was going to be an interesting thread.

Was hoping they would head out west to Limestone just to see some familiar neighborhoods

Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
...Backyard is much smaller than it looks on tv, and it backs one of the busier roads in Edgewater...
I didn't want to say anything about that . But, now that you brought it up, the yard is very small and it is surrounded by road on three sides. Also, a huge area of the side yard is taken-up by the "common grounds" of the Spinnaker Ridge entrance. However, the house does have nice "curb appeal."

Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,960,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatSnake View Post
So we we watch HGTV online ... just hook up your PC / laptop (HDMI out) to your TV.
Does anyone has the link to this episode in HGTV? I went to its web site but could not find the link to the full episode.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:19 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
I was wondering when you were going to chime in!

I agree about the backyard in #3, I am a big fan of Spinnaker Ridge and like the Hedge instead of a fence, but I don't have dogs or small kids...

Also bragged on you to Bill at Carrabbas on Friday. He was seated right next to us. Couldn't resist!

That was YOU!

Bill said he thought he recognized you, but thought it was a past client he just could not remember and didn't want to insult you by not knowing you! (although....I have lots of clients that Bill may not meet or may only see once, just like our sellers which I rarely see unless I am also working with them) I told him next time to find out who it was!!! He was having dinner with one of our Administrative Executive (AE) candidates.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:32 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,741,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Does anyone has the link to this episode in HGTV? I went to its web site but could not find the link to the full episode.
I looked online, and I didn't see it either. All I saw was a few episodes. I'm thinking they may delay when they actually show it online. I know that with NBC, for example, they don't show the full episode online until the next day. I think that we need to keep checking. I don't know HGTV's system yet.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:34 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,741,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
..."And a coke. An orange coke."

(Roll Eagle)

I love that.

I remember I ordered a Coke somewhere, and they just gave me a Pepsi (like it's the same thing....grr).

And another time when someone asked what I wanted, and I told them a Coke. The reply was, what kind of Coke do you want. My answer is, of course, Coca Cola Classic.

But I am trying to lose a few pounds, so no pop for me (pop means Coke, soda, or whatever else people call it)

Old 09-20-2012, 08:19 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,748 times
Quote:
That was YOU!

Bill said he thought he recognized you, but thought it was a past client he just could not remember and didn't want to insult you by not knowing you! (although....I have lots of clients that Bill may not meet or may only see once, just like our sellers which I rarely see unless I am also working with them) I told him next time to find out who it was!!! He was having dinner with one of our Administrative Executive (AE) candidates.
Twas I!

Well that candidate must be doing well, they were in the date booth! We were in the other one.

And Date booth is what the employees call those 2 booths at the end near curbside To Go!

Ha, I love how he always has his name tag on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area