Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:21 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
well the "new" store will be Belks, what a disappointment.
Nice how they screwed the city to get a new store while they abandon the one at Madison Square.
Bridge Street Town Centre just announced that its new department store opening in early 2015 will be a Belk.

"We look forward to having Belk, a high-quality traditional department store, added to our tenant mix," Doug Badia, executive vice president for O&S Management Services, said in a news release.

"Belk will bring their extensive assortment of premier fashion merchandise for the whole family, as well as their excellent customer service," said Badia.
While it would have been better for a new store to come in, this can actually be a good thing for Madison Sq Mall. They have been wanting to convert the mall into a mixed use facility, with a sudo-high-rise building for offices and so forth. That is some prime property right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 02:27 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewdog1 View Post
...sudo-high-rise building...
¿Que?

Last edited by Dirt Grinder; 09-28-2012 at 02:40 PM..

Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM

143 posts, read 358,744 times
Quote:
While it would have been better for a new store to come in, this can actually be a good thing for Madison Sq Mall. They have been wanting to convert the mall into a mixed use facility, with a sudo-high-rise building for offices and so forth. That is some prime property right there.
I like the positive spin and I'm always one to try to find a silver lining but they have been talking about that for a couple years now. They've had space to do it with the two department stores that have been vacant for several years now with zero progress so I dunno. I'm pretty sure this announcement will be one pretty sizable nail in MSM'S coffin.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:59 PM

445 posts, read 770,884 times
For those of you pining over Macy's......I went to the Macy's in Nashville last week and I can honestly say it was no better, and maybe worse, than the Belk at Parkway Place. My GF (who is a fashion-oriented person) agreed

Old 09-28-2012, 08:20 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsvegas29 View Post
I like the positive spin and I'm always one to try to find a silver lining but they have been talking about that for a couple years now. They've had space to do it with the two department stores that have been vacant for several years now with zero progress so I dunno. I'm pretty sure this announcement will be one pretty sizable nail in MSM'S coffin.
Probably the best thing would be for that whole mall to be razed and started over.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:15 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
Quote:
Probably the best thing would be for that whole mall to be razed and started over.
whatever happens it will be better than what it is now. It could be turned into something equal or better than BS. Another hotel, parking deck, heavy landscaping, more stand alone restaurants..kind of like what dead in the water Constellation was going to be.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,126,163 times
Does anyone know if this means that the Belk at Parkway Place will be staying then?

Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Does anyone know if this means that the Belk at Parkway Place will be staying then?
Well since the NEW Belk won't even open until 2015, I'd say that PP has a good while before anything happens.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:04 AM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
There are no plans to change things at Parkway Place. That store was just remodeled last year and is one of their top performers (Belks)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area