U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 AM
 
90 posts, read 201,490 times
Reputation: 90

Advertisements

Hi. I've always wanted to snap some pictures of my family at a country/real farm setting or at a place with a rustic barn. So my fellow city data folks, do you know a person that has a place like that, that would be willing? Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM
 
Location: WA
128 posts, read 126,185 times
Reputation: 208
Tate Farms is fun but not really a "rustic barn" place, it is an active farm but they have a pumpkin patch, cotton fields, etc. Unfortunatley they charge for admission.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Powell, Oh
1,846 posts, read 4,453,349 times
Reputation: 1074
I agree about Tate Farms, but there is admission of $10/person.

I don't have the answer off the top of my head, but here is an idea. Get dressed up, and take a drive in the country. Stop at a farm, and knock on the door and just ask. With you being dressed up, they may assume that you are there to talk about God or Jehovah. But I am sure they will let you take a photo.

Have you been to Green Mountain? There is a really nice covered bridge on the walking trail that you can take photos with. If interested, DM me and I can send you photos of it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 AM
 
90 posts, read 201,490 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
I agree about Tate Farms, but there is admission of $10/person.

I don't have the answer off the top of my head, but here is an idea. Get dressed up, and take a drive in the country. Stop at a farm, and knock on the door and just ask. With you being dressed up, they may assume that you are there to talk about God or Jehovah. But I am sure they will let you take a photo.

Have you been to Green Mountain? There is a really nice covered bridge on the walking trail that you can take photos with. If interested, DM me and I can send you photos of it.
Good suggestions. Thanks. Hey, how'd you know I am a JW?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
 
40 posts, read 117,270 times
Reputation: 27
This photographer uses the Mitchell Plantation in Mooresville for lots of her sessions. I don't think there's a barn, but a silo and a white fence, fields. Here's a link to a random session: Caught You on Camera | Whitehead Family | Alabama Family Photographer | Caught You on Camera
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2012, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
646 posts, read 1,195,875 times
Reputation: 461
There's an old barn on Old Monrovia near Jeff Rd. It's in bad shape but if you're looking for "rustic," that's it! It is on private property though so you'd have to ask permission.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 03:14 PM
 
Location: HSV
329 posts, read 452,467 times
Reputation: 286
I can Photoshop your family and you in front of a barn.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 03:32 PM
 
90 posts, read 201,490 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliet108 View Post
This photographer uses the Mitchell Plantation in Mooresville for lots of her sessions. I don't think there's a barn, but a silo and a white fence, fields. Here's a link to a random session: Caught You on Camera | Whitehead Family | Alabama Family Photographer | Caught You on Camera
Looks like a nice setting. I wonder who owns that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 03:33 PM
 
90 posts, read 201,490 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy112 View Post
There's an old barn on Old Monrovia near Jeff Rd. It's in bad shape but if you're looking for "rustic," that's it! It is on private property though so you'd have to ask permission.
I'm going to check that out for sure.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 03:35 PM
 
90 posts, read 201,490 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsoc75 View Post
I can Photoshop your family and you in front of a barn.
I bet you could too. That's funny, but I wanted authentic pics and the experience.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top