Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 AM

582 posts, read 826,255 times

Advertisements

I plan to get my wife a Nutrimill for Christmas, we'll need some whole wheat to go with it. I'm looking at some on-line places, but wonder if anyone in Madison/Hsv sells it also. I'd like to get it in the 5-6 gallon buckets vs. a lb or two at a time.

Anyone know of a source?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
Oh nice-ee. Was looking at a whispermill a while back myself but here lately, I don't even eat grains so, changed my mind. but she should like that. I didn't know of a local source but as I'm sure you have found out, there are plenty of bulk suppliers online with some pretty decent prices. One thought I had though that might be a factor to keep in mind is that most of the folks that want to grind their own grain fresh at home are doing so because it's fresher and much healthier and IF that is the case with your wife... frequently, organic grains are what is wanted. I know that was the case for myself but, just thought I'd throw that out there just in case. Hopefully you'll hear of a local source soon!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 AM

87 posts, read 139,747 times
Garden Cove Garden Cove Produce - Vitamin and Organic Health Food Store sells in bulk or by the pound... and I think the old health food Pearly Gates Natural Foods located in Huntsville, Alabama. Nutritional supplement and health food store, Huntsville, Alabama (can't find a website, I think they may have changed names) also has bulk wheat.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
You also might check with Earthfare and Fresh Market

Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 PM

113 posts, read 427,413 times
You might try asking around at the Madison County Co-op - (256) 828-5360 - up in Meridianville on 231 by Publix... There might be a local farmer who has some wheat in his silo willing to let you fill your own bucket or two for a cheap price and I'm sure they would know..... Hope this helps!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area