Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 AM

375 posts, read 513,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Development Review: July 2014

350 The Bridge St. NW, Suite 124: Alterations to a restaurant for Bayer Properties/Texas de Brazil. Contractor: T&F Inc. $250,000
This was announced a while back. Glad to see that they are starting work on it. I believe they will be in the building that formerly housed Ketchup and Tavern on the Green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 09:44 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,669 times
One of the things Research Park needs is more quick lunch type places. Panera has helped and so will the new BBQ joint next to it, but I don't get excited about new stuff at bridgestreet thats sit-down type places. I like Connors enough, but thats about it. I like Lime ok too, but its a PIA to park and go over there. Even after they get the parking and everything finished, it will still be a PIA.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
One of the things Research Park needs is more quick lunch type places. Panera has helped and so will the new BBQ joint next to it, but I don't get excited about new stuff at bridgestreet thats sit-down type places. I like Connors enough, but thats about it. I like Lime ok too, but its a PIA to park and go over there. Even after they get the parking and everything finished, it will still be a PIA.
A casual quick service like Qdoba or Garbanzo's would do very well in one of those spots outside the movie theater.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:47 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,748 times
Moe's!

Old 08-08-2014, 01:55 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,181 times
Y'all will love Texas de Brazil! Not only is it all-you-can eat, it's actually GOOD all-you-can eat!! Beautiful fresh salads and sides on the buffet and as much meats as you can possibly eat - now granted, there is nothing deep fried or bad for you, & there really is no need to pile your plate mile-high - so some might not like it, but if this place can't make it here, then there is something seriously wrong with peoples palates!!

Old 08-08-2014, 02:17 PM

33 posts, read 41,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
Y'all will love Texas de Brazil! Not only is it all-you-can eat, it's actually GOOD all-you-can eat!! Beautiful fresh salads and sides on the buffet and as much meats as you can possibly eat - now granted, there is nothing deep fried or bad for you, & there really is no need to pile your plate mile-high - so some might not like it, but if this place can't make it here, then there is something seriously wrong with peoples palates!!
Hope they have that beef on a stick! Unfortunately, it is a bad location. Maybe it will be good enough to survive the bad location.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:25 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Z View Post
Hope they have that beef on a stick! Unfortunately, it is a bad location. Maybe it will be good enough to survive the bad location.
Actually, it's a great location - you don't have to walk half the length of Bridgestreet to get there, and there are hotels nearby. It'll be very successful and packed most of the time.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:35 PM

33 posts, read 41,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Actually, it's a great location - you don't have to walk half the length of Bridgestreet to get there, and there are hotels nearby. It'll be very successful and packed most of the time.
Oh my, you are correct. I looked it up online and it looks authentic. It will do well anywhere IMO. The first picture I saw was picanha... Got lock-jaw.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:44 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Z View Post
Beef on a stick?? Nope, they walk around with HUGE rotisserie grill spears with filet, leg of lamb, chorizo, chicken, turkey, flank steak etc. You have a little disk, red for you're done, green for when you want more. Bad location...are you kidding me? Is Red Robin in a bad location? It's 50 feet away and it's always busy! Parking is close, unless of course you demand to park 10 feet away from anything...and for those who do, seriously, how lazy can you be??! There is parking ALL around BS, by the hotel, by/behind the cinema - at the other end & it's a nice stroll back to to your car & burn off some of that food! It's beautifully decorated, ambiance is great, top of the line bar - now, is it "cheap" all you can eat - not by a long shot!

Old 08-08-2014, 02:54 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
...how lazy can you be??! There is parking ALL around BS, by the hotel, by/behind the cinema - at the other end & it's a nice stroll back to to your car & burn off some of that food!...
I'm one of those parking proximity whiners, but I'll be hoping for a few cold, windy, rainy days so we can get a table without having to wait too long. This restaurant is going to be the definitive business dinner restaurant, so I expect it to be packed most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area