Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
Come on Dave, this is not worthy of you. I know you don't post anything that blows by. You do know that the FBI just finished a new building downtown in Birmingham three years ago.

I think you are referring to a task force that is being settup for an operation in Huntsville that can easily be brought up online. (came out in March)

I think you guys are so out in the middle of nowhere that you lose touch. Birmingham and central Alabama are not going to evaporate so that Huntsville can be more than a govt. town. (wasn't Huntsville the capitol once)

Anyway, have fun, it is good to dream. How's Constellation coming? lol

raj
We are doing pretty good up here....how's your bankrupt city? Guess its expected when your mayor can't even stay out of prison

You did make history again with the largest municipal bankruptcy in US history. Congrats on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 01:48 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
Come on Dave, this is not worthy of you. I know you don't post anything that blows by. You do know that the FBI just finished a new building downtown in Birmingham three years ago.

I think you are referring to a task force that is being settup for an operation in Huntsville that can easily be brought up online. (came out in March)

I think you guys are so out in the middle of nowhere that you lose touch. Birmingham and central Alabama are not going to evaporate so that Huntsville can be more than a govt. town. (wasn't Huntsville the capitol once)

Anyway, have fun, it is good to dream. How's Constellation coming? lol

raj
I didn't know about the March thing, but no I heard on NPR this morning about how the FBI would be moving from Bham to HSV because of the number of federal stuff already up here.

I didn't know about the new building though, that is odd then.

And yes, Huntsville was the capitol, temporarily about 200yrs ago. It was never meant to be permanent, they just did the paper work here. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
We are doing pretty good up here....how's your bankrupt city? Guess its expected when your mayor can't even stay out of prison

You did make history again with the largest municipal bankruptcy in US history. Congrats on that.
Haha, well Raj with any luck Detroit will take away your "Largest Municipal Bankruptcy in US History" away from your city and OUR state!

I can't find an article about the FBI thing, but I heard it 3 times on the radio this morning. Hopefully AL.com will have an article later today.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:49 PM

20 posts, read 40,222 times
How is Birmingham doing this year on making top 5 in the "Most Dangerous Cities list?' Last I saw they were ranked 3rd in the country.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM

523 posts, read 1,003,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
I can't find an article about the FBI thing, but I heard it 3 times on the radio this morning. Hopefully AL.com will have an article later today.
Here's the article on WHNT.

FBI To Shift National Security Resources To Huntsville | WHNT.com

Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
Ah, thank you.

Yes, so not shifting all of their stuff up here. But 2 big sections of the FBI out of Bham will be here, closer to the threat zone.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:37 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,879,061 times
Can anyone answer how does bashing Birmingham help you cause? For the third time, if you want more money for transportation your first step is to contact and pressure you state reps and senators in Madison County.

Those who are bashing dont have an clue what they are talking about. For instance, Jefferson County, not the city of Birmingham filed bankruptcy, and the county should be out of it by the end of year if not earlier. Seriously if your gonna bashed Birmingham, at least get the facts right.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:

When did Jefferson County become a city??? .The city of Birmingham is doing very well financially BTW.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
When did Jefferson County become a city??? .The city of Birmingham is doing very well financially BTW.
That's Not Our Problem, Says Birmingham - WSJ.com

Well that's weird, in case you weren't aware pretty much everyone outside the metro Bham area, thinks it is in fact BIRMINGHAM that filed for it. Not the County.

But indeed you are correct, seems bham has plenty of money...now you can pay for your own roads!

Old 05-15-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
That's Not Our Problem, Says Birmingham - WSJ.com

Well that's weird, in case you weren't aware pretty much everyone outside the metro Bham area, thinks it is in fact BIRMINGHAM that filed for it. Not the County.

But indeed you are correct, seems bham has plenty of money...now you can pay for your own roads!

Sorry Birmingham cant pay for something that has nothing to do with in the first place. Interstates, 280, etc are all maintained by ALDOT. The answer to all our road problems, might very well be toll roads.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,861 times
Quote:

This is a little silly and sad. If you post on these things you should be informed to some degree.

The city of Birmingham has never and is not currently going through bankruptcy. It is the seat of Jefferson County which indeed is going through bankruptcy. A big difference since all things done here are by the cities and not the county. (yes it cause problems but it has not stopped the growthe and plans that are underway.)
Birmingham's credit rating is one of the best in the country.

Yes Larry Langford is in prison. It is sad because it is also stupid and needless.

Mayor William Bell is a gentleman of great forsight and has taken an unfortunate situation and turned it completely around.

Thanks for asking we are just fine down here.

raj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area