Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 AM

12 posts, read 21,284 times

Advertisements

We're hoping to take the kids (2 and 3 years old) to see some fireworks. Was wondering which displays folks might suggest and good places to view from. I'm thinking that we'll probably view from a good distance away since this will be a first for the kids. Plus baby #3 can arrive any day, so we may need a quick exit strategy :-)

I'd appreciate any recommendations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 08:13 AM

468 posts, read 907,254 times
My fam and I used to view it from Bridgestreet but the egress was horrible. We are trying either the Space and Rocket Center or the Flint River Baptist Church.

I don't go to that church ... but I heard that they have a big display and lots of fun things for the kids (we have 4 kids) before the actual fireworks (starts at 4 pm).

Old 06-26-2013, 08:14 AM

331 posts, read 511,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rdhds View Post
We're hoping to take the kids (2 and 3 years old) to see some fireworks. Was wondering which displays folks might suggest and good places to view from. I'm thinking that we'll probably view from a good distance away since this will be a first for the kids. Plus baby #3 can arrive any day, so we may need a quick exit strategy :-)

I'd appreciate any recommendations!
I have done the Bridge Street fireworks before and was very displeased with the experience. The show(3 years ago) was not very long and parking was TERRIBLE. So with #3 ready to make their debut, I would not suggest getting into that quagmire. Dublin park in Madison is ok if you can get in early enough for close parking. The Joe is almost same situation as Bridge Street. But if you have a good place outside the city limits, you could always invest in a small package from one of these fireworks outlets and give the kids a nice backyard showing. Congrats on the soon to be addition

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 06-26-2013, 08:20 AM

252 posts, read 321,331 times
Decatur - Point Mallard is the best and worth the drive.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:42 AM

339 posts, read 628,877 times
We went to Dublin 3 years ago (nice fireworks, but packed and took forever to get home). USSRC 2 years ago (when they were supposed to be timed with BS but they had issues and had almost no fireworks). We were going to do Dublin last year but it was raining on and off, so we stayed home. We ended up finding out we could see Dublin from our backyard, so we'll probably do that again this year.

You can probably see the Dublin fireworks from the parking lot at Kroger, and make a quick exit from there. With a 2 and 3 year old I don't know if you'd want to do the whole thing at Dublin. There are inflatables to play on but you have at least an hour between when they shut them down and when the fireworks start, it gets pretty difficult to keep little ones busy.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 AM

111 posts, read 224,732 times
FYI Dublin is not allowing parking there this year, you must park at Bob Jones and take the shuttle to/from the park. So that may not be a great option for you if you're worried about a quick exit. It will be crazy at the end of the show for sure. I would park somewhere outside the area and watch. I doubt that Bridgestreet is having a show, since the area they used to do them is occupied by many businesses and with all the construction going on.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 AM

Here is the info from the fb page:

City of Madison
Stars and Stripes Forever
July 4th Celebration & Fireworks Display

Dublin Park is the place to be on Thursday July 4th. The Annual July 4th Celebration will kick off with the 2nd Annual Miss Stars and Stripes Forever Fourth of July Pageant at Dublin Park on Soccer Field 1 (Malcolm Field).

Following the Pageant, the Celebration will continue on where inflatable activities will be lined up all around Soccer Field #1. Children and Adults of all ages can enjoy sliding down the Giant Fire Engine Slide, or try to find their way through the 70 ft Obstacle Course. When you get too hot....take a splash down the 62 ft Water Slide or sit underneath the giant Tent in the shade and listen to the great music provided by The Mersey Band.

Parking for the event will be at Bob Jones High School with Shuttle Services provided by the City of Madison. Shuttle services will began running at 1:30 pm with the last pick up at 8:00 pm. Following the event, the Shuttles will take you back to Bob Jones High School. No PARKING will be allowed at Dublin Park.

Stars and Stripes Forever Pageant 2:00 pm
Displays and Exhibits in Lower Parking Area 2:00 pm
Inflatable Activities on Soccer Field #1 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Shuttle Services 1:30 pm - 8:00 pm (and following the fireworks)
Entertainment 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Food Vendors on site selling food from 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Cumulus Broadcasting and Crosshair Productions will be synchronizing music to the Fireworks Display so bring your radio and tune into Journey 93-3 for the synchorinzed fireworks display scheduled to start at approximately 8:30 pm. For additional information, please call Dublin Park at (256) 772-9300.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 AM

Fireworks at the USSRC info here: U.S. Space & Rocket Center | Fourth of July

It costs this year, $20 per car, and while it does cost, I imagine it'll be a lot less busy than Dublin

Old 06-26-2013, 09:36 AM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
Flint River will have the largest show and it's free except the food.
North Parkway next to Meridianville Middle School
Freedom Celebration 2013 | Flint River Baptist Church
A good viewing area is the neighborhood before the church Jacobs Landing
Fireworks start at 9

Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 AM

468 posts, read 907,254 times
I am going for Flint River Baptist.

Egress was bad for Point Mallard, so was Bridgestreet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area