Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 09:42 AM

513 posts, read 867,823 times

Advertisements

If you're looking to get away for the day.. head up to Bell Buckle, TN.... It's a beautiful drive...... Also, go thru Shelbyville .. What a cute little town as well. Bell Buckle is an antiquer's dream. The people were very friendly. I am will be going back. AND, there is a salvage yard in Shelbyville. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Did you stop by any places that sell moonshine? I've heard they're good with different family recipes...

Old 07-14-2013, 01:20 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Do you know the name of the salvage yard in Shelbyville? Is it auto salvage or furniture, etc? We are looking for some pieces to compliment some old farm house furniture.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:51 PM

53 posts, read 97,518 times
I second that. Great trip and easy

Old 07-15-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Do you know the name of the salvage yard in Shelbyville? Is it auto salvage or furniture, etc? We are looking for some pieces to compliment some old farm house furniture.
It was not an auto salvage yard. It was a furniture one. And, I don't remember the name I am so sorry! I know it's a white building with red and blue lettering. It was in Shelbyville as you're heading to Bell Buckle... It did say Salvage on the building as for the name I didn't notice it.

Side Note: Hey just wanted to let you know downtown Huntsville there is a store called Harrison Brothers in the square and they have a basement.. the guy opens it up 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and he has things down there to sell. We checked it out. Good stuff

Old 07-15-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Did you stop by any places that sell moonshine? I've heard they're good with different family recipes...
The one store we stopped at the owner mentioned moonshine LOL... He was very nice.. his mother owns a ice cream shop around the corner of the "strip mall" He is very easy to find look for the bottle cap American flag.....

Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 AM

4,885 posts, read 7,284,305 times
I love Bell Buckle. It is a fun place to spend the day. Another is Lynchburg, home of Jack Daniels Distillery. Also just a few miles up the highway from Huntsville.

While in Bell Buckle drive north to Murfreesboro. There are antiques there as well, although they are not clustered in a small area as in Bell Buckle.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,434,489 times
elephant08 - next Spring try to visit Bell Buckle during Daffodil Days. Bell Buckle also has the "RC and Moon Pie" festival and more:

Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce - Past Event Photos

Bell Buckle Cafe has live music Fri and Sat nights, however I like to visit during the WLIJ AM1580 radio show Sat 1-3.

Bell Buckle Caf and Music Parlor Music Schedule

Old 07-18-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
I love Bell Buckle. It is a fun place to spend the day. Another is Lynchburg, home of Jack Daniels Distillery. Also just a few miles up the highway from Huntsville.

While in Bell Buckle drive north to Murfreesboro. There are antiques there as well, although they are not clustered in a small area as in Bell Buckle.

We did the Jack Daniels tour last year; did you know they are NOW having a tasting tour? Yes! Also, the Dickel distillery is not to far from Bell Buckle. Thanks for the info about Murfreesboro...

Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
elephant08 - next Spring try to visit Bell Buckle during Daffodil Days. Bell Buckle also has the "RC and Moon Pie" festival and more:

Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce - Past Event Photos

Bell Buckle Cafe has live music Fri and Sat nights, however I like to visit during the WLIJ AM1580 radio show Sat 1-3.

Bell Buckle Caf and Music Parlor Music Schedule

Oh yes, we ate at the café that homes the radio station.. they weren't doing it while we were there. Oh and the Moon Pies.. I was in HEAVEN! I want to see the Daffodils next year for certain !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area