Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:01 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarLittle View Post
You forgot the part about the fake Hawaiian birth certificate, the fact that he's really a Muslim, and the conspiracy to turn our country into Sweden.

That's the kind of irrational hate for which Alabama is infamous, and allows fatuous ideologues (like the junior senator from Texas) to wreak havoc with the democratic process.

Besides your infantile and idiotic tirade, if you did a little research you will see that the executive branch is going to be brought up on charges for amending the "law of the land".

Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
when not ONE THING SHE SAID had one thing to do with the man's race.

And she's wrong....
Hey now, I'm a guy.
Formerly stewdog1 on this site.

Maya Blue is an indigo dye the Mayans used.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:06 PM

482 posts, read 990,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Interesting. You think it is Obamas fault that House Republicans are trying to cblock a bill that is the law of the land resulting in a shut down
Said it before and I'll say it again. Slavery was once "the law of the land". As well as women not being allowed to vote. Because it was legal, doesn't mean it was right.

On that note, I see a lot of push from Democrats to push a gun-control agenda on us all. Many argue that the Constitutional Right to Bear Arms is only meant for militias. Several years ago, District of Columbia v. Heller (Supreme Court Case) dictates that the Constitution meant it as the right of the people to bear arms.

So.....I guess that means all of this gun-control battle is for naught? You know....seeing as how that's the law of the land and all.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:46 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
I suggest you put this in your sig line.

I'd thought you were a woman....

Old 10-01-2013, 04:54 PM

Just saw this on one of the network TV

During shutdown, 82% of the federal government remains open, only 18% is shutdown.

BTW, contractors are not affected by the shutdown. Only the government employees.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:22 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
...BTW, contractors are not affected by the shutdown. Only the government employees.
Not true - I know a number of contractors who are affected by the shutdown. They are forced to exhaust personal leave and then they go into leave without pay.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Not true - I know a number of contractors who are affected by the shutdown. They are forced to exhaust personal leave and then they go into leave without pay.
OK. Apparently not all agencies operate the same way

Old 10-01-2013, 06:04 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Parker View Post
Said it before and I'll say it again. Slavery was once "the law of the land". As well as women not being allowed to vote. Because it was legal, doesn't mean it was right.

On that note, I see a lot of push from Democrats to push a gun-control agenda on us all. Many argue that the Constitutional Right to Bear Arms is only meant for militias. Several years ago, District of Columbia v. Heller (Supreme Court Case) dictates that the Constitution meant it as the right of the people to bear arms.

So.....I guess that means all of this gun-control battle is for naught? You know....seeing as how that's the law of the land and all.
This does not equate to slavery or womens rights. No one thinks you are clever making this obscene statement.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:04 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Hey now, I'm a guy.

Maya Blue is an indigo dye the Mayans used.
Ok, glad that has been cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
I suggest you put this in your sig line.

I'd thought you were a woman....
Yeah I will totally forget that post in a week and go back to thinking you are a woman again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Yup, a lot of guys won't be affected, but there are certainly folks who will. A friend of mine was forced by his employer to take time during the sequester, even though officially his company didn't furlough anyone...
But he is young and bottom rung over there.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
Well, House has sent an official motion to the Senate to go to conference on the bill.

Senate Democrats voted to NOT enter conference with the House.

Who owns this shutdown? Who is holding the country "at ransom" like Obama said?
Doesn't appear to the be ones with the R by their name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area