Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 09:29 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,594,922 times

Advertisements

Last spring Comcast announced a nationwide doubling of internet speeds. This was for customers with select double and triple play packages. Packages with Performance Internet would be upgraded to Blast! Internet. Packages with Blast! Internet would be upgraded to Extreme 105 Internet.

This was for new customers immediately with existing customers at a later date. I have yet to see a formal announcement when this was to happen in the Huntsville area. I got it in Huntsville only because I bugged Comcast customer support. Did everyone else get the speed increase???

The packages affected were:

Double Play (TV + Internet):
Blast Plus - Blast! Internet
Starter XF - Blast! Internet
Preferred XF - Blast! Internet

Triple Play (TV + Internet + Phone):

Starter - Blast! Internet
HD Preferred - Blast! Internet
HD Preferred Plus - Extreme 105 Internet
HD Premier - Extreme 105 Internet
HD Complete - Extreme 105 Internet

-----------------------------------------

Blast! Internet - 50 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up
Extreme 105 Internet - 105 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 01:58 PM

230 posts, read 388,502 times
No.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDime View Post
No.
Do you have one of the double or triple play packages listed above? If so you should be getting the internet tier mentioned.

I have the "HD Preferred Plus XF" package. I used to get Blast! 50 Internet. I now get Extreme 105 Internet for no extra cost.

You can verify your Internet tier by the following:

Log onto your Comcast account
Select "My Services"
Select "XFINITY Internet"
Under "Internet Equipment" look for "Cable Modem" or "Voice and Data Modem"
To right of "Data Usage" select "View Details"
Below "My Current Data Usage" you will see depending upon what internet tier Comcast has you on

My Current Service Plan: BLAST!
or
My Current Service Plan: EXTREME 105

Old 10-15-2014, 09:38 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,547,279 times
I quit Comcast. I had internet only from them. They are a pain, regularly raising prices and bugging me on the phone until I told them to quit. I went to another provider, am paying $15 a month less (and it's not just an introductory offer, it's guaranteed for a year) and I got a more than 50% increase in speed, which I clocked using software I have. Comcast can go to hell

Old 10-16-2014, 06:03 AM

458 posts, read 617,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
Comcast can go to hell
If there is a hell for companies, Comcast will definitely be there.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:40 PM

I think Comcast reigns in that hell already.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,853 times
I would love to know who has a faster Internet speed. I have it from AT&T right now, and it is just painful how slow it is. Painful isn't even the word. I am trying to find any other provider that will provide fast Internet without requiring that I also buy cable. I don't care how much it costs.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frapp View Post
I would love to know who has a faster Internet speed. I have it from AT&T right now, and it is just painful how slow it is. Painful isn't even the word. I am trying to find any other provider that will provide fast Internet without requiring that I also buy cable. I don't care how much it costs.
That depends where you live. Once that is known you can see if their is an alternative to what you have.

In Huntsville I think Comcast probably has the fastest internet but I have found that is not always what is most important.

Another thing is the cost. What that is depends on the current deals. Comcast is pushing double and triple play really hard. They make it hard to justify just getting internet all by itself. For example I have triple play which included Extreme 105 (105 Mbps) internet. I pay $120 a month for it. If I just got Extreme 105 internet by itself it would cost at least $90 a month.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:35 PM

Comcast's internet is by far the fastest if you go by advertised speed. Reality depend on how far down the line you are, how many neighbors are on the line, age of the lines, etc.

Beyond speed is the quality of the signal...we have been fighting them for over 7 years now trying to get a consistently good signal. Two steps forward, one step back...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: