Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:14 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times

Advertisements

15-screen movie theater behind Staples/Publix and a McDonald's on County Line in front of Whitworth Farms.

VII. Site Plans
1. Galaxy 15 Cinema
Location: northwest corner of the intersection of Hughes Road and Brogan Drive
Representative: Rymeg Consulting Group
Owner/Applicant: Cinema Management Group Inc.
Acreage: 7.17

http://www.madisonal.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7039

VIII. New Business

1. McDonald’s USA’s is requesting the requirement for the five (5) foot concrete sidewalk along
County Line Road be waved as authorized in Section 5-18A-2 of the Zoning Ordinance.

http://www.madisonal.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7044

Last edited by bmrisko; 11-20-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
I can imagine how well a McDonalds in front of Whitworth Farms is going to go over with the already unhappy residents there. Seems like a strange place, would make more sense to me to be up near Publix....lots of vacant land right there. Of course, then you have unhappy residents in Browns Ferry Crossing

Old 11-20-2013, 08:54 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,055,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
I can imagine how well a McDonalds in front of Whitworth Farms is going to go over with the already unhappy residents there. Seems like a strange place, would make more sense to me to be up near Publix....lots of vacant land right there. Of course, then you have unhappy residents in Browns Ferry Crossing
If a fast food place is going to be there, I really wish it would be Chick-fil-a instead. I've talked to them before and Chick-fil-a doesn't want to move there, thinking they would take too much away from the one on 72 in Madison and the Athens location. I disagree, they would make a killing on County Line.

But great news about a movie theater within the city limits. Is this the same company? http://www.galaxytheatres.com/en.aspx If so, looks to be their first place in Alabama and in the Southeast.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:32 PM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Cinema Management Group, Inc. is based out of Memphis. I think it is my old friend Ambarish Keshani's circuit. If so, it makes sense. Ambarish is a smart cookie and knows the area from previous work.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:11 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
If a fast food place is going to be there, I really wish it would be Chick-fil-a instead. I've talked to them before and Chick-fil-a doesn't want to move there, thinking they would take too much away from the one on 72 in Madison and the Athens location. I disagree, they would make a killing on County Line.

But great news about a movie theater within the city limits. Is this the same company? Cinema | Movie Theatres | Galaxy Theatres If so, looks to be their first place in Alabama and in the Southeast.
If there is one thing Madison needs it is definitely another Chickfila. Seriously, the one on 72 is always crowded and creates traffic congestion going in and out. I had heard that when they complete the County Line access to 565 then the owners of the 72 franchise were wanting a location on Madison Blvd.

I would love one on County Line, McDonalds is just plain gross IMO.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:39 AM

32 posts, read 66,719 times
I would love one on County Line, McDonalds is just plain gross IMO.[/quote]

I totally agree, beyond nasty.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:02 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,183,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post

But great news about a movie theater within the city limits. Is this the same company? Cinema | Movie Theatres | Galaxy Theatres If so, looks to be their first place in Alabama and in the Southeast.
For some bizarre reason Chick-fil-a isn't open on Sundays. Would probably affect business.

Just what Madison needs, more ways to sit and eat. How about more activity based businesses?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 AM

151 posts, read 295,961 times
That place will make a lot of money in the mornings. 9 to 5ers and high school students will be stopping by.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:14 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,277,678 times
Did someone say Chick Fil A????

Haha, Leslie as usual you are spot on. Norman Dull the owner of the madison location and CFA corporate have confirmed to me their intention to build one at the intersection when the interchange is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
If there is one thing Madison needs it is definitely another Chickfila. Seriously, the one on 72 is always crowded and creates traffic congestion going in and out. I had heard that when they complete the County Line access to 565 then the owners of the 72 franchise were wanting a location on Madison Blvd.

I would love one on County Line, McDonalds is just plain gross IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektowaga_Chester View Post
For some bizarre reason Chick-fil-a isn't open on Sundays. Would probably affect business.

Just what Madison needs, more ways to sit and eat. How about more activity based businesses?
Chester take a hike! lol.

But I also think it's odd they aren't open on Sundays. Would solve my Sunday morning bfast problem.

Now is about ******* time! A theater in Madison, well it only took them 100yrs!

I drive on Brogan daily as I cut form Lowes to HD or vise versa and just lament at the opportunity out there, sooooo happy to get a cineplex and a big one too IN Madison. Also it will make Monaco less busy and since I live closer to it now, I will frequent it more now that it wont be overrun with tweens and everybody else.

Just absolutely great news all around.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:32 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,574,422 times
All Chick Fil a 's are closed on Sunday due to the founders Christian beliefs.
Same with Hobby Lobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area