Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,669 times

Advertisements

Well, we looked at another breland in inspiration pointe this weekend. It is in a cul-de-sac and has a side entry garage which my better half really likes. The plot is bigger, but most of the yard is in the front instead of the back. They are putting some nicer touches in this home for the money.

Right now the biggest issue that we can't reconcile with is the small closet in the master in the Benton home. Everything else we pretty much love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 08:02 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
Inspiration Point is nice, and they voted to do the pool/clubhouse last summer so that will be coming. It is a VERY good value up there. The original IP homes are much more expensive than the Brelands....there are homes in there that have sold close to $400k.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Inspiration Point is nice, and they voted to do the pool/clubhouse last summer so that will be coming. It is a VERY good value up there. The original IP homes are much more expensive than the Brelands....there are homes in there that have sold close to $400k.

Funny thing is, I actually like the breland section of the neighborhood better. I think its the treeline in the back and the "lake" that give it some character. We still like the home in bridgewater, but for a few more grand we can get some upgrades at inspiration point.

What I do need to find out is what exactly are the common areas. Is the lake only accessible to those who have homes on it or can anyone go walk around it.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:28 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
I don't think their property lines go all the way up to the lake.....look at the plat that the onsite will have (the official plat, not their rendering). That will show where the homeowner's lot lines end and any common grounds around the lake. Typically the adjoining owners along the lakes do not have exclusive rights to neighborhood lakes like that but the plat will show it.

I had a client who built along the back tree line last year and we literally got into a dog fight with another agent/buyer over that lot, was the last one against that nice thick treeline on the north side.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 PM

458 posts, read 617,203 times
We live in IP and really like it so far. Very quiet, nice people, nice size lots, houses are not crammed together, etc. It takes about 5 minutes to get to Publix and about 8 minutes to some of the stores in north HSV. Being close to shopping was not important at all to us so those drive times don't much matter to us. We walk around that lake all the time. Technically the property lines stop about 40 feet from the edge of the lake but the owners are still required to maintain that strip of land. The pool and cabana are about halfway finished so I'm guessing it'll be open this summer.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:17 PM

493 posts, read 713,118 times
I agree, Inspiration Pointe is a nice Breland Homes neighborhood. I think the original homes in there were built by Jeff Benton (the ones mentioned that were almost 400K). John Daniel also built several homes in there and he had a home in there in 2008 that was priced at $525,000. Jeff Benton also had homes in there in the 200K and 300K range.

Last edited by needtosellmyhome; 02-17-2014 at 09:46 PM..

Old 02-18-2014, 09:50 AM

Good to hear from a resident there.

I have read the HOA covenant and its pretty standard fair. I am curious about how "strict" they are, especially when it comes to gardens and pathways around the house.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:14 PM

Oh, I don't really know. Everyone keeps their house up very nice, but I think it has more to do with pride in their home than HOA rules. Everyone keeps their garbage can out of sight and that's about the only rule I can think of that I have to make sure to follow.

They do have an "architectural control committee" that approves major changes to a house. I submitted our plan for our fence on a Thursday around 8pm and it was approved the next morning before 8am. I think the "committee" consists of a property manager and a rubber stamp.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdtron View Post
Oh, I don't really know. Everyone keeps their house up very nice, but I think it has more to do with pride in their home than HOA rules. Everyone keeps their garbage can out of sight and that's about the only rule I can think of that I have to make sure to follow.

They do have an "architectural control committee" that approves major changes to a house. I submitted our plan for our fence on a Thursday around 8pm and it was approved the next morning before 8am. I think the "committee" consists of a property manager and a rubber stamp.
That's good that they are quick about it. The house we are looking at doesnt have a fence but if we decided on it we might put a fence in down the road.

Just a dumb question, but what exactly is a fence plan. Is there a template for that lol?

Old 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

We started our fence about a week after closing. Same company Breland uses (Creative Containment) but it was about 20% less. The template consists of a piece of paper with two lines to write your plan down and a box for you to draw in. Took me two minutes to fill it out. There are some rules you have to follow with the fence: 6 foot, starts at rear corner of house, etc. No requirement on style.

The side entry garages are nice. We have a 3 car now and I'm thankful every single day we opted to upgrade from the 2 car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area