Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 02:08 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,787,791 times

Advertisements

If I had to guess, and its pure speculation, is the proximity to research park and related to the growth of research park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 04:52 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison Dweller View Post
Madison City Schools are the BEST because of the families and active involvement in the administration. Teachers truly care about the students. LOTS of after school activities. LOTS of electives to choose from. VERY high standards. You will NOT find these opportunities in any other district. PERIOD.
Yes you do, both HSV and Madison County have some excellent schools. Let's not pretend Madison has the market cornered on quality education. The schools are excellent, but there are other great schools in the area as well. Madison is not for everyone.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:40 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,658,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arad Hobo View Post
I agree with LCTMadison. The city of Madison is not all that it is hyped up to be. The schools are meh, at best.

I can say that coming from someone who is not a Madison County native, Madison is more hype than anything. Sure the schools are good, but the city is extremely overcrowded. Have you tried to drive into Madison during rush hour? Good luck.

As for the school system, my kids go to a county school, and we are EXTREMELY active with the kids and the teachers are excellent. We actually have two sets of friends moving out of Madison to our area specifically to enroll their kids in our schools.

It really depends on what you want. You get expensive houses, good schools (but on par with a lot of other schools in Mad. Co.), a short distance to work, and congestion.

HSV city will give you less congestion (but its still there), a little longer drive, good schools, and the housing prices are similar.

Madison County (depending on where you move. For us it's east of HSV) will give you a longer distance to work (but faster drive), good schools, and cheaper priced housing.

I drive from my house close to Brownsboro to Research Park every day in less than 20 minutes. It isn't bad at all.

Again it's all in what you want and your mileage may vary but this is what works for us. But to say Madison is superior to anywhere else in the county is definitely a biased statement.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:03 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arad Hobo View Post
The city of Madison is not all that it is hyped up to be.
This is not what I said at all. Madison has excellent schools. I just pointed out that they are not the only quality school system in the area. Both HSV and Madison County have some great schools. Madison is a much smaller system than either of those and their schools are generally regarded as good across the board. Because of this Madison has one of the healthiest and hottest real estate markets in the state. That's not "hype", that's just how it is.

I live in Madison. I have enjoyed living here. Its what my family chose for us and our lifestyle. Traffic is bad EVERYWHERE, not just Madison. I was in South HSV this morning ready to pull my hair out, and to me its awful driving the Parkway during rush hour. However, Madison is NOT for everyone.....but there is an awful lot of "Madison bashing" that goes on here which I don't understand. You MAY not want to live in Madison, but that doesn't mean others feel the same. It seems no one can give solid input into certain areas without bashing Madison in the mix.

TO EACH HIS OWN. Have some respect for other's decisions. Its their money and their families, after all.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:08 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,433,497 times
LCTMadison - that sockpuppet has no respect for the people who enjoy this forum.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:46 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,658,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison Dweller View Post
You guys are crazy. Nothing compares to the greatness and splendor of Madison. I can guarantee this, if your kid does not go to Madison school, he/she is at an EXTREME disadvantage.
I respectfully disagree and would challenge you to prove how children that are going to school outside of Madison are at a disadvantage. I could guarantee that my kids educations are on par with Madison kids of the same grade level. Six of one, half a dozen of another.

For the most part school systems within Madison County as a whole are very similar. I could tick off a few that may be below others but not many. We made our decision on where to live based off of the area, not the schools because the schools were close enough that we didn't have to be too concerned with it.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,450 times
What school was it where that kid was shot? I'm guessing some run down Huntsville school. Oh wait, it was a Madison school. Surprise!

Old 05-02-2014, 12:59 PM

447 posts, read 557,633 times
Troll, and a newly registered troll. That's how sad you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area