Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 06:16 PM

9 posts, read 15,760 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have lived in Huntsville for about 1.5 years, and are now starting to look into which areas we would like to live. We are leaning more toward a newer build in Madison in either the Bob Jones School or James Clemens School districts. In your opinion, is one much better to be? Next Question, there is a home we like in the Windsor Parke subdivision(by Balch Rd & Gillespie RD), is this a good area to be? The "Crime" watch on Trulia looks great, but just wanted to make sure there isn't something we should know about there. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 06:27 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
James Clemens has done great, and Bob Jones is always good. The high schools are pretty much a wash. IMO all the schools are great...down to the elementary schools. You really can't go wrong.

Windsor Parke is a nice neighborhood. I have two clients that live in there and both really like it. They both bought new when Adams was building so they have been in there for several years.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 PM

We heard it is good, and don't have children yet, but eventually was to be in a good school district. I am glad to hear they like it. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2014, 06:36 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
Its Columbia now, which is a great school. My son went there, we loved it. Only thing about Windsor Park is it is in that "fringe" area that always gets tossed about during the rezoning. It hasn't been rezoned since Columbia opened and it was zoned for that school, but it was brought up for rezoning this last go around.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:34 PM

493 posts, read 713,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwarfield View Post
My husband and I have lived in Huntsville for about 1.5 years, and are now starting to look into which areas we would like to live. We are leaning more toward a newer build in Madison in either the Bob Jones School or James Clemens School districts. In your opinion, is one much better to be? Next Question, there is a home we like in the Windsor Parke subdivision(by Balch Rd & Gillespie RD), is this a good area to be? The "Crime" watch on Trulia looks great, but just wanted to make sure there isn't something we should know about there. Thanks!
Have you looked at Ashbury off of County Line Road in the City of Madison? There are brand new Breland Homes in there that are in the same price range that look nicer than the Adams Homes in Windsor Parke(just my opinion). The Breland Homes have more of a Craftsman style look with stone columns and prairie style windows which the Adams Homes in Windsor Parke do not have. I also like the brick colors Breland Homes is using with their new homes better than what Adams used in Windsor Parke-again this is just my opinion with my personal taste. I saw some of the Adams Homes in Windsor Parke when they were new but Windsor Parke is sold out now(which you may like better if you want to be in a more established neighborhood).

Ashbury also has a neighborhood pool and cabana which Windsor Parke does not have. However Windsor Parke is more established than Ashbury and there have been complaints on this forum from residents in Ashbury that there is a lack of internet service in the newest phases of Ashbury. Hopefully that will change soon.

If you are leaning toward a more established neighborhood- say leaning more toward Windsor Parke over Ashbury you might consider this: Ashbury will be a good bit larger when it is finished and it also connects to 3 other nice developments. If you are going to have kids they may have a better opportunity of making more friends over in Ashbury because there will be more residents (more trick or treaters on Halloween ) and there is also the neighborhood pool which is a good place to meet your neighbors and a very fun place for kids. I think the neighborhood pool is used both by residents in Ashbury and Brighton Park at Ashbury. Oxford and Creekside at Hardiman Place should NOT have access to that pool but those developments do connect to Ashbury which I think could lead to more trick or treaters on Halloween. If you have kids trick or treating on Halloween it's usually no fun when there are only 5 other kids in the neighborhood doing it-I don't know how many kids live in Windsor Parke or will be living in Windsor Parke by the time your kids get that age but I would imagine there would be more in the Ashbury developments.

I believe Windsor Parke and Ashbury are both in the James Clemons High School district.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 AM

Thank you so much for this, I first saw that Ashbury on the map when we were looking more heavily into the Bob Jones area, but now that we are considering the Clemens as well this one would be a much better choice. I as well prefer the look of the Breland homes on the outside as well as their color choices! The Trick or Treating thing is huge; we probably wouldn't have thought about that until later and then been bummed about that. Also, if the Windsor keeps getting rezoned school wise, that would make my husband anxious. Thank you so much again for thinking of this!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:40 AM

493 posts, read 713,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwarfield View Post
Thank you so much for this, I first saw that Ashbury on the map when we were looking more heavily into the Bob Jones area, but now that we are considering the Clemens as well this one would be a much better choice. I as well prefer the look of the Breland homes on the outside as well as their color choices! The Trick or Treating thing is huge; we probably wouldn't have thought about that until later and then been bummed about that. Also, if the Windsor keeps getting rezoned school wise, that would make my husband anxious. Thank you so much again for thinking of this!
You're welcome! If you haven't seen the page for Ashbury on the Breland Homes web site here is the link: Communities of Breland Homes

I do not work for Breland Homes but I looked at new homes in Ashbury when I lived off of County Line Road and sold my home. I was in a community very close to Ashbury.

And after having kids of our own we've realized what to look for in a family oriented neighborhood. Neighborhoods with community pools and social activities are great.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:11 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times
James Clemens is a great school as well and is brand new with all the latest amenities. Ashbury is zoned for Mill Creek Elem, which is very desirable as well. (all Madison city schools are very good, but Mill Creek is probably the most desired right now) If teh $180 range is your budget, I'd say look at Ashbury. I don't live in that subdivion, but live in one that's close-by and the Breland homes sell just about as fast as they are built. I can't speak to the quality of the homes, but Breland homes LOOK a lot nicer on the outside than homes of similar prices built by other builders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area