Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 09:11 PM

776 posts, read 745,925 times

Advertisements

Is it really not worth spending for the average home of 150K anywhere from $125 to $150 for professional photos? I just see too many listings with terrible photos and the only way I see them trying to attract buyers are with price cuts. I don't think it's really fair to the home seller. Is it just worth the risk to the realtor to skimp on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 09:34 PM

482 posts, read 990,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
Is it really not worth spending for the average home of 150K anywhere from $125 to $150 for professional photos? I just see too many listings with terrible photos and the only way I see them trying to attract buyers are with price cuts. I don't think it's really fair to the home seller. Is it just worth the risk to the realtor to skimp on this?
I say you're right. I may be biased because I own an architectural photography company, though.....

Old 03-06-2014, 09:46 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,606 times
When we sold our last house (sold in 4 hrs for asking), I did everything our realtor told us to do. Pressure wash, painted the porch, took down family photos.

If our pictures on MLS weren't good, I would have had them re-done. But, our pictures while not "professional" were quite good.

The two things I didn't want: having to sell it for less than it was worth and having it stay on the market forever.

Yeah, do what it takes, unless you want your house on the market for a long time and get 5k less than what you ask.

(my opinion)

Old 03-06-2014, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,646 times
I completely agree with you. With so many people house hunting from out of town, it would be in the seller's and the agent's best interests to provide good quality photographs with the listings. Even for locals, better photographic representation is beneficial. There were a number of properties we viewed that were either nothing like the photographs provided or there were insufficient photographs (one or two, or a couple photos of rooms and several of doorknobs and fixtures) for us to determine if the property was within our preferences. For us, this was a big deal as we were limited in the amount of time we had to schedule showings and the more I could do before setting up showings, the better.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:53 PM

776 posts, read 745,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Parker View Post
I say you're right. I may be biased because I own an architectural photography company, though.....
If it's the one I think it is the work is top notch. Honestly there's plenty of work out there for real estate photography in this area. I literally have put a business cards on every home I have seen a For Sale sign on or a "coming soon" sign for the last week. I had a realtor turn me down for a listing down the street from me at a really good price. I directed this person so some of my other photography work since I have never really done real estate. I've done some architectural stuff and other photography. Apparently it just didn't compare to that persons crooked and otherwise lackluster listing photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area