Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 10:19 AM

90 posts, read 215,980 times

Advertisements

Hi y'all,
Just wondering: How long would I have to remove my house from Valley MLS before I could post it as a new listing? Also, I would appreciate any PM recommendations of aggressive sellers agents (well, anyone who has good sales numbers, or you could post here where to find number of houses sold by an agent!).
Thanks =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 01:18 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
It has to be off 90 days for the CDOM to reset to zero, but we can still go back and see your listing history.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:37 PM

266 posts, read 396,904 times
From the perspective of a buyer and also a buyer that has been actively looking for a house since November. If you think that delisting your property will somehow reset the time on the market clock to zero then you would be wrong. If your house was on the market for 3 months before delisting, then sits idle for 90 days, and then I see it 1 month after it has come back onto the MLS. As far as i would be concerned that property has been on the market for 7 months and I would treat the negotiation as a buyer that way.

This is information that you get for nothing from Zillow and my agent will see all the "action" that property has had.

There are valid reasons to delist, you are renovating to sell, you are taking the property off the market during the winter, etc., but I don't think delisting to set the time on the market clock to zero will pay off. There are plenty of real estate agents that read this forum and they can correct me if I am wrong. But at the end of the day I am a buyer and thats the way I would look at a delisted property.

In any event good luck selling your house.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:42 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
I agree with cnygreek, especially this time of year. Why take it off now? This IS the hot time in the market. If you are not getting activity right now, then its your price more than likely. If you are getting showings and no offers with very vanilla feedback....price. If your feedback involves something you can overcome (ex. carpet needs replacing, etc) then address it. Leaving it off 90 days will put you relisting at the end of summer when everyone is getting ready to head back to school and the market begins to slow down.

One of the first things I do when a buyer shows ANY interest in a house is pull the listing history, so he is correct that both agents as well as buyers are not going to treat your house as a "new" listing just because you reset your DOM or list with someone else. The majority of my clients are going to want to see the listing history and even if they don't ask, I still send it to them.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:19 AM

90 posts, read 215,980 times
Thank you so much for your help. I am getting very few showings and vanilla reviews. In the feedback my Realtor does ask for inquires about pricing and the vast majority says good price and condition. I may lower the price though to see if there is any more interest. Thanks again for the advice! It has been tough and getting tougher with every month that goes by.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:51 PM

776 posts, read 745,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix1028 View Post
Thank you so much for your help. I am getting very few showings and vanilla reviews. In the feedback my Realtor does ask for inquires about pricing and the vast majority says good price and condition. I may lower the price though to see if there is any more interest. Thanks again for the advice! It has been tough and getting tougher with every month that goes by.
If the home is priced right then I would leave it alone. Never attract buyers by just dropping the price if the house is comped correctly. Your problem sounds like a marketing problem more than anything. Do you have professional photos of the home? Is it properly listed on Zillow, Trulia ect. The only thing lowering the price will do is feed the hungry sharks looking to further drive down the price and get a bargain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area