Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:58 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,765,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
And PS....Gap, Gymboree, Justice etc aren't high end. They're typical mall fare. Anthropologie, J Crew, Michael Kors....yes, higher end. So, BSTC is a mix of both.

What I think would go over GREAT somewhere around the 65/565 interchange is a nicer outlet mall. Like the one in Leeds....across I20 from Bass Pro Shop.
I agree. Outlet mall would be great. I recently went to the one in near destin and was blown away. Not as big as the one in St. Augustine, but pretty impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Macy's isn't high end. It's a department store like Dillard's, Belk's, etc. Location, demographics, etc determine the merch & brands (& price) carried at each store. For instance, Macy's at Green Hills in Nashville is going to carry higher end stuff than the one at Cool Springs. I think Macy's would do great here because they DO have great sales.

NoleFan, I think you have your brands mixed up. Chaps is the lower end Ralph Lauren brand. Don't think they even carry it at Dillard's etc anymore. Dillard's, Belk etc carry Ralph Lauren and Polo Ralph Lauren. RL also has purple label & black label that gets into major bucks. You'll have to go to Neiman, Saks, Nordstrom for that. And YES, you can get lucky & find all the above at Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc I frequent those stores for that very reason.
Says a lot when the last time I was in a Dillard's they sold Chaps. Its been a few years. I think more to my point is that lots of engineers with lots of money could care less about expensive cloths. Just my experience.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:24 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,282,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah and BSTC has a mattress store too, right?

It would've been nice if it had stayed exclusively high end. But now that Bayer is in charge, those mainstream stores might need to watch out when their leases or up. They keep the bar set high for the Summit. But then again, with MSM about to die, having a mix of mainstream and highend might be just the ticket for BSTC.

And yes, Grand River is awesome and doing quite well. However, it does have a lot of attractions around it including Barber's Motorsports Park and the Bass Pro you mentioned. There's also a huge housing development about to be built nearby so it will become even better as the economy gets back rolling.
Yes & there's a nail salon right next to the mattress store because apparently there's a law here that requires both those businesses in every single shopping center.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 PM

442 posts, read 642,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Forgot to comment on this...

I think you guys are missing the point. If you want to see a MMA match there's plenty of ways to scratch that itch. The insane part is that this is happening in what is supposed to be a premier shopping venue in a "nice" part of town. No it isn't nice anymore and MSM is weak, but the fact remains no one wants or needs to see this going on in a place frequented by women and children. The length of time it goes on is another. I'm trying to think how many dozens of Hoover Tahoes would descend on the scene in a matter of seconds if this took place at the Galleria, or BPD Caprices if it were the Summit. Hell, Hoover probably would've shown up with an armored car and the SWAT team... (you think I'm playin')

You can't let crap like that go on. Of course stuff happens sometimes and thugs will be thugs. Our Western Hills Mall has similar issues. But when it does jump off, you have to deal with it accordingly and the length of time that video goes on and no mall security and no Huntsville police show up is insane. A video like this being shown on the news will kill business, whatever little is left. It seems the community has already written the mall off.
Thank you for this post. When I said "insane" I wasn't referring to how violent or non-violent it was. It's just a crazy video.

Insanity: Insanity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Violence: Violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if I had said "insanely violent" that would be a different story.

Last edited by FayettevilletoHuntsville; 07-09-2014 at 11:38 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 11:43 PM

442 posts, read 642,774 times
Quote:
Yes & there's a nail salon right next to the mattress store because apparently there's a law here that requires both those businesses in every single shopping center.

We should replace our mattresses at least every 8 years!

Old 07-16-2014, 12:17 PM

4 posts, read 4,832 times
Not sure why Madison Sq. mall is going downhill - where do the people on the west side of Huntsville shop? Most of us can't afford the shops at Bridge St. so the other alternative is Parkway Place which is a good drive from Madison, etc.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:43 PM

90 posts, read 186,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minishirl View Post
Not sure why Madison Sq. mall is going downhill - where do the people on the west side of Huntsville shop? Most of us can't afford the shops at Bridge St. so the other alternative is Parkway Place which is a good drive from Madison, etc.
I do most of my shopping online and sometimes at Kohl's

Old 07-16-2014, 01:56 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,282,610 times
Quote:
Have you seen the news lately?

Old 07-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Huh? We lived in Providence and had no problems with making the drive to PP mall. Usually it was in conjuction with a costco run afterwards.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:26 PM

6 posts, read 7,939 times
Quote:
I agree minishirl. MSM is a GREAT place. It is in a slight lull but will be highly successful with the new tenants. Belk leaving will help as the mall is reborn much like parkway. I think tanger will be very successful there. Will be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area