Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 04:50 PM

493 posts, read 712,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Stoneridge (at least in Cambridge & McMullen Cove) uses a raised slab, as does Open Gate homes (Laurenwood Preserve). This makes a big difference in the look and presence of a home from the street.
That is actually "Lauren Preserve" by Open Gate Homes: https://www.opengatehomesofhuntsvill...-preserve.html

"Laurenwood Preserve" is over off of Capshaw Road not far from the corner of Balch Road and Capshaw: Laurenwood Preserve - Home It has a Madison, 35757 address but is actually in the City of Huntsville (was annexed like several other neighborhoods were in that area).

To me, this is a good example of why neighborhoods should not have such similar or repetitive names, it's very confusing and I certainly understand how you got those two confused if you've been looking at a lot of new neighborhoods whether in person or on the internet. If I was one of the Cambridge at Heritage Plantation homeowners I would not be too keen on the idea that another neighborhood called "Cambridge West" is going to go in across the road if it is not going to be part of Heritage Plantation (like the original Cambridge/Town of Cambridge). It's just too confusing. Of course with all the new developments in our area maybe the builders and developers are running out of names?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 05:14 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,299,517 times
Need to sell....you're exactly right on both. I meant the one on Balch but called it by wrong name. And yes this repetition of names is confusing!

Old 05-29-2014, 07:53 PM

9 posts, read 19,497 times
I am debating between Burgreen place and Bakers Farm. I like the side entry garage of Bakers Farm and the interior of Stoneridge homes.

Bakers Farm Pros : Side entry garages, More sqft.
Burgreen Place Pros: Beautiful interior Cons: Small lots.

Not sure how the resale value will be affected by the small lot size if I decide to buy in Burgreen Place.
Any inputs from experts that would help with my dilemma will be great.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:15 PM

14 posts, read 27,737 times
Sorry I just got around to replying to my own thread.. but I would be trying to stay less than 400s more than likely, maybe slight creep if something came up I really just had to have. Looking at a 3500 sq ft, want something like .5 acre lot if at all possible.

Wife can't stand front entry garages.. hates with a passion for some reason.

Anyone know how much the lots left in Heritage are going for? Seems I saw a ridiculous price on one, but can't remember.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:03 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
Lots in Waterford were going for around $80kish. That was a couple of years ago when I had a client looking. For a neighborhood like that, it seems about right.

That one is NUTS. Seriously, that is a Clifts Cove price for a lot, and smaller. He will NEVER get that, its so insane. The best lot in Waterford would not get that price, certainly not those Atwater lots.

Right now the builders own them all or no one is selling because that is only one.

Everything is being built on smallish lots. I guess the fact that Burgreen Place is selling like hotcakes right now should tell you something.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 05-30-2014 at 06:06 AM..

Old 06-01-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlspgm View Post
I am debating between Burgreen place and Bakers Farm. I like the side entry garage of Bakers Farm and the interior of Stoneridge homes.

Bakers Farm Pros : Side entry garages, More sqft.
Burgreen Place Pros: Beautiful interior Cons: Small lots.

Not sure how the resale value will be affected by the small lot size if I decide to buy in Burgreen Place.
Any inputs from experts that would help with my dilemma will be great.
Baker's Farm is going to be a new product, they look nothing like what Breland has been building. Its like the homes they are building up around Nashville.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:09 PM

7 posts, read 14,828 times
What are people hearing about Bakers Farm? From what I've seen, looks just like the product in Lake Forest. Nice sized lots, 3 car side entry garages, lots of upgrades (Slightly below the base offered at Stoneridge, well above Jeff Benton). Lots appear to be decently sized. Only problem with Breland is they seem to give you a 3800 sq foot house that should be 3300 with their layouts. < per sq foot but you end up paying for it in the end with the bigger home.

Agree with others that the StoneRidge homes are very small. I absolutely love StoneRidge homes...I have my eyes on one lot in the Phase yet to be released but concerned about having the biggest/most expensive home in the neighborhood. Garage/House ratio on some of those is ridiculous too.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:07 PM

Burgreen Place is 4 car tandem garages, you can remove square footage from the garage. One of my clients just did this as they just did not need that much garage space.

Baker's Farm will be Signature Series, but will be different plans. I was told they will look completely different from anything Breland has built, so we will see.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 PM

121 posts, read 152,409 times
Add another builder to the mix - Mungo homes has for sale signs in Browns Ferry. It looks like they have bought all of Pearson's lots. Anyone familiar with Mungo?

Old 06-02-2014, 08:26 PM

493 posts, read 712,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall85917 View Post
Add another builder to the mix - Mungo homes has for sale signs in Browns Ferry. It looks like they have bought all of Pearson's lots. Anyone familiar with Mungo?
Mungo Homes ( Columbia, Charleston SC, Raleigh NC, Huntsville AL New Homes for Sale | Mungo ) has acquired lots in several of Pearson Homes neighborhoods including: Heritage Estates, Heritage Commons, Browns Ferry Crossing, The Preserve on the Flint, Grand Lake, and the Cambridge over off of Zierdt Road in SW Huntsville. Mungo Homes builds in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and now Alabama.

I hope Pearson is not having financial problems because it seems like they are dwindling based on what has happened here. They are/were building some great homes in my neighborhood (Lake Forest) and they had recently acquired a lot more lots here in Lake Forest and now some of those lots do not have Pearson Homes signs anymore but no Mungo signs are over here. Pearson Homes also pulled out of Applewood in Madison a few months ago and "Legacy Homes" took over there but around that time Pearson acquired more lots in Lake Forest (SW Huntsville) and Rainbow Landing (Madison) but now some of the lots they acquired around that time in Lake Forest no longer have Pearson Homes signs on them.

Last edited by needtosellmyhome; 06-02-2014 at 09:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area