Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:04 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times

Advertisements

Mungo is out of South Carolina. Colin Pearson is going to be running Mungo...thus how they got those lots. His brother will be taking over Pearson Homes.

He's not in financial trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:15 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times
Pearson is the other half of what used to be Alabama Heritage Homes, with Stoneridge being the other half. Stoneridge seems to be killing it, based on how quickly they have sold out here in Madison. I think they've found the "sweet spot" as far as quality & amenities for the price. We stopped in Burgreen Place this weekend and we were pleasantly surprised by the interiors of the homes for the price. They are going in the $100/sq ft range, and that's the 5" wood floors, granite in kitchen and all the bathrooms, upgraded appliances, gas cooktops, extensive trim & detail. I find the 4 car tandem garage to be a bit odd, but it's only on 1 of the models so far. The others have 3 car front-load garages.

In talking to Phyllis, the on-site agent, there are are only plans for 62 lots when the neighborhood is complete, so there are NO plans for any sort of neighborhood amenities. On one hand, that's keeping cost down. On the other hand, you have NO amenities! She also told us that Cambridge West, just down the road, is going to be of similar size...around 62 lots. But the lots will be more along the lines of the Cambridge lots and have side entry garages. Again, no neighborhood amenities. Too bad they couldn't have joined these 2 new neighborhoods together somehow and had a shared pool/clubhouse at least.

She also told us that the same plans being built in Burgreen Place will also be available in Camb. West, along with some more. The prices will be higher, due to lot size. For example, the model home in Burgreen is $299,900 and she said in Cambridge West it would be $325k-ish.

I'm also interested to see how Bakers Farm shapes up. I've only seen 1 proposed plan that looks different from the same stuff Breland is building out in Stillwater Cove. It would be nice if they'd bring in some variety to their floorplans, front elevations & exterior choices. That's where Breland really lacks, in my opinion, and makes them look cheaper than other homes in the same price range. They may be built just as well, or better than, other builders. But their exterior styles & finishes leave a lot to be desired.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:20 PM

Look at some of the bigger homes DR Horton is building around the Nashville area, that is what is coming to Baker's Farm.

One BIG change will be frames built off site, so no plan modifications. Same with Shiloh Run.

They tried to get Heritage Plantation to include Cambridge West, but the board would not agree to it.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 AM

445 posts, read 770,884 times
Mungo built 1000 houses last year.

Some of their standard amenities will be "beyond the norm" for this market.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 AM

I would expect them to adjust their product to fit the market, all builders will do this. So what they are offering as "standards" in one market may not translate to ours.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:01 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times
Does anyone know if Bakers Farm will include any neighborhood amenities.....pool, etc.?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:19 PM

7 posts, read 11,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Pearson is the other half of what used to be Alabama Heritage Homes, with Stoneridge being the other half. Stoneridge seems to be killing it, based on how quickly they have sold out here in Madison. I think they've found the "sweet spot" as far as quality & amenities for the price. We stopped in Burgreen Place this weekend and we were pleasantly surprised by the interiors of the homes for the price. They are going in the $100/sq ft range, and that's the 5" wood floors, granite in kitchen and all the bathrooms, upgraded appliances, gas cooktops, extensive trim & detail. I find the 4 car tandem garage to be a bit odd, but it's only on 1 of the models so far. The others have 3 car front-load garages.

In talking to Phyllis, the on-site agent, there are are only plans for 62 lots when the neighborhood is complete, so there are NO plans for any sort of neighborhood amenities. On one hand, that's keeping cost down. On the other hand, you have NO amenities! She also told us that Cambridge West, just down the road, is going to be of similar size...around 62 lots. But the lots will be more along the lines of the Cambridge lots and have side entry garages. Again, no neighborhood amenities. Too bad they couldn't have joined these 2 new neighborhoods together somehow and had a shared pool/clubhouse at least.

She also told us that the same plans being built in Burgreen Place will also be available in Camb. West, along with some more. The prices will be higher, due to lot size. For example, the model home in Burgreen is $299,900 and she said in Cambridge West it would be $325k-ish.

I'm also interested to see how Bakers Farm shapes up. I've only seen 1 proposed plan that looks different from the same stuff Breland is building out in Stillwater Cove. It would be nice if they'd bring in some variety to their floorplans, front elevations & exterior choices. That's where Breland really lacks, in my opinion, and makes them look cheaper than other homes in the same price range. They may be built just as well, or better than, other builders. But their exterior styles & finishes leave a lot to be desired.
Have they released the prices and plans for Cambridge West yet ?

Old 06-04-2014, 08:05 PM

493 posts, read 713,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonps View Post
Stoneridge Homes will also be the builder for Cambridge West and they are apparently going to be some (or most) of the same plans in Cambridge at Heritage Plantation: www.stoneridgehomesinc.com/communities

I own a Stoneridge Home in Lake Forest now and we love it.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonps View Post

Yep. And the preliminary plat. Will be in the mid $300's up into $400's like Cambridge. Already taking lot reservations.

In other news: Applewood

I was invited to tour the new model this morning out at Heritage Brook that Legacy Homes has built, and view some other plans.

I was slightly blown away. VERY nice. Wow. Floor plans I saw are fabulous. They are very keyed into what buyers are looking for, more so than most builders right now who seem to be stuck back 5 years ago. Loads of hardwoods (5 inch handscraped!), absolutely beautiful kitchens, large islands....and my personal favorite, the master closets feed into the laundry room, which I think is smart. Drop zones off garage. Different granite choices that fit more what buyers want these days than the same old tired Venitian Gold. Dining rooms designed to be used as "flex" rooms, as demand for dining rooms are down. Unique exterior features, very reflective of the craftsman trends right now.

Upgrades are very reasonable....kitchens running around $8k to go to a more "gourmet" with gas cooktop, stainless canopy hood....things like glass tile accents, industrial style pendents. $5000 in the bath gets you tiled showers, full glass enclosures, 20" travertine tiles.

If anyone has seen Rachel Brown's model on Mill....very reflective of her style, which I love.

I really liked them. Alot. The lots out at Heritage Brook are all treed and gorgeous. I love it they left the lots treed rather than just bulldozing them down.

Now, as far as construction quality, I will reserve judgement until I get some feedback from inspectors but overall, I'm kinda excited to see these plans in Applewood. Having not been a huge fan of Hunter Homes of the past 5 years or so, they may have converted me.

I think once they get that model up in Applewood, these houses are going to sell very well.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 06-04-2014 at 09:55 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 10:51 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post
Stoneridge Homes will also be the builder for Cambridge West and they are apparently going to be some (or most) of the same plans in Cambridge at Heritage Plantation: www.stoneridgehomesinc.com/communities

I own a Stoneridge Home in Lake Forest now and we love it.
So how close of a neighbor are ya?

Love our Stoneridge as well...everything we wanted and some - great builder that will work with you! (The house was ab 2/3 finished when we bought it.) Unlike others who won't budge on much...of course it helps having a realtor that truly does a great job & spends hours chasing down the right people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area