Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 06:18 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,264,726 times

Advertisements

He's doing a commercial grade appliance package out at the Meadows so I wouldn't be surprised, as the price range is about the same.
In Cambridge he was offering Kitchenaid, which are great appliances.....but in the Meadows its the bigger commercial style gas ranges.

And people LOVE those high end appliances, so that will be a huge selling feature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 06:43 PM

7 posts, read 11,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Looks like this house...the "Ashley". Hope it's true because I like the look of this a lot. Too bad Bakers Farm is another "empty field devoid of trees" in Madison . Oh well....that's what you get when you convert farmland to neighborhoods. Maybe they will at least have a neighborhood pool.

New Homes in Heatherbrooke | Acworth, Georgia | D.R. Horton
I checked with the agent and she verified that Bakers Farm will not have a pool/clubhouse.
See the plat for details
http://www.madisonal.gov/DocumentCenter/View/5929

Old 06-05-2014, 07:43 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonps View Post
I checked with the agent and she verified that Bakers Farm will not have a pool/clubhouse.
See the plat for details
http://www.madisonal.gov/DocumentCenter/View/5929
Well, rats on no pool . I'd love to have a neighborhood pool for the kiddos in summer, but don't really want to take that on in my own backyard.

Hmmmm....based on that plat, I don't know how these are going to be larger, higher end homes with side-entry garages. Some of the lots are wide enough, yes, but not all. You can see Belmont Place's lots right next to it and they aren't THAT much wider. And Belmont is a patio home neighborhood.

Last edited by TN2HSV; 06-05-2014 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: left out a word

Old 06-06-2014, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,545 times
Greenbrier Woods of Madison is a wonderful neighborhood that is not a recycled cotton field and has mature trees.. Many lots can accommodate a basement too. Murphy Homes were a joy to work with and we have a pool, clubhouse and a playground by the end of the month. Love our neighborhood!!

Old 06-06-2014, 09:19 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,012 times
I kinda liked picking out the trees we put in my recycled cotton field home. I haven't driven by in a few years, but last time it looked great. Hollywood junipers by the gates was a great idea.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:31 PM

483 posts, read 630,416 times
The houses are really, really close together at Greenbrier Woods. A basement home sounds interesting. Any flooding problems with the soil we have here?

Old 06-08-2014, 05:00 AM

The problems we have here is the red clay soil doesn't absorb the water well in large amounts, thus flooding. When its coming down in buckets like last night.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:21 PM

I am planning to buy a new house and have shortlisted two house plans. One has isolated Master Bedroom and other one has all the four bedrooms on the same side of the house (Ranch)
From resale point of view, does isolated Master make a difference ?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:35 PM

Yes.....BUT Breland does have a plan that sells extremely well that has all bedrooms on one side, and master is nicely tucked away from other bedrooms (just making assumption that might be the one you are looking at since you have referenced Breland?) Its their 3342 (its the model at Stillwater Cove with a bonus room).

I've sold that plan over and over, and everyone has modified it differently.....so literally every one of them looked completely different.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Yes.....BUT Breland does have a plan that sells extremely well that has all bedrooms on one side, and master is nicely tucked away from other bedrooms (just making assumption that might be the one you are looking at since you have referenced Breland?) Its their 3342 (its the model at Stillwater Cove with a bonus room).

I've sold that plan over and over, and everyone has modified it differently.....so literally every one of them looked completely different.
You are right and i wasn't sure about the bedrooms being on the same side, but I liked the plan. There is another model modified 3342 with open kitchen and it looks good too.
You said several modifications can be done with that plan.
What kind of modifications are allowed with 3342?

I am still debating about choosing between Burgreen Place or Bakers farm.

Last edited by madisonps; 06-09-2014 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area