Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 08:22 PM

493 posts, read 709,165 times

Advertisements

Here's some of the latest on Town Madison: Town Madison developers negotiating with 10 big box stores | AL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 01:37 PM

152 posts, read 239,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post
*crosses fingers, prays, throws salt over shoulder, and avoid stepping on cracks for a Home Depot or Lowes*

PLEASE PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN

Coog

Old 10-16-2014, 07:11 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,268,272 times
HD, I'd bet my soul.

Nothing official was announced at the ground breaking, but I heard HD.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:20 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,245,130 times
Home Depot was rumored when the other development Breland was behind several years ago was being discussed yet never happened.....as was another warehouse type store like Costco or Sam's.

I'm hoping for a World Market. Its long overdue here.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:59 PM

442 posts, read 645,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae-zor View Post
They likely won't start until the widening of Zeirdt starts in January, possibly not until it's scheduled completion in 2017.
//www.city-data.com/forum/hunts...ion-could.html

Old 10-23-2014, 11:58 AM

24 posts, read 30,875 times
New Intergraph building.

See grand unveiling of new $58 million Intergraph headquarters in Madison during company's 45th birthday | AL.com

Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 AM

1,265 posts, read 2,047,582 times
Great new building, but I'm surprised the sign on the outside is so small. You can barely make out what it says.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:04 PM

20 posts, read 20,890 times
Haven't read all the thread pages ... but they've been clearing the entire area for the last couple of months. I had a terrible thought ... that Breland would clear the land, sell the timber ... and then abandon the project. Hopefully that won't happen.

The city/state/whoever has been working on the northbound lanes of Zierdt Rd. for what seems like a couple of years, and for the past several months have done absolutely nothing. Anybody know what's going on there? And if an interchange is added at the 565, it seems it would alter some of the road plans, especially right at the intersection.

I live in Edgewater and am all for the new projects. I'd just like them to work consistently and get Zierdt Road widened ... they seem to be dragging their feet. And it would be nice if Breland could land a really nice department store, like Macy's or Nordstrom, and stay away from the dollar store type businesses.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:13 PM

1,265 posts, read 2,047,582 times
Considering that we have heard nothing from ALDONT or the state on that intersection, I don't see it happening any time soon.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 PM

375 posts, read 510,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawgmsu View Post
The city/state/whoever has been working on the northbound lanes of Zierdt Rd. for what seems like a couple of years, and for the past several months have done absolutely nothing. Anybody know what's going on there? And if an interchange is added at the 565, it seems it would alter some of the road plans, especially right at the intersection.
You might as well prepare for disappointment and a rather lengthy wait for any real progress on the Zierdt Road widening project. The city has delayed the start of work on the northbound lanes until the spring of 2015 at the earliest. Once they do get started it's going to take approximately a year to complete the new lanes, at which point two-way traffic from the existing road will be diverted over to the new roadway so work can begin on the new southbound lanes, raised median, and bicycle path.

The big takeaway from the above is that while there will be a new and improved road built to serve as the northbound lanes, it will initially host two-way traffic while construction is ongoing on the southbound lanes. So there's no real improvement in traffic flow or any increase in capacity because one two-laned road has been swapped for another.

Final completion of the project is currently slated for late 2017 but that could vary pending right-of-acquisition on the southbound side. My guess is that things run longer than anticipated and they don't actually finish until sometime in 2018. Even if they do meet the 2017 date, it will be more than two years later than the completion date pitched by then City Engineer, Shane Davis, in an al.com article published in July of 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area