Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
I'm not sure I would rent a Penske truck though. They are designed for loading docks with high decks and they do not have the pull out ramps like U-Haul.
The smaller Penske trucks I have rented have ramps...the largest ones have motorized lift gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 05:33 AM

266 posts, read 396,842 times
The 12 foot Penske trucks won't have a pull out ramp, but the 16' and longer ones will have the pull out ramp. As far as the hydraulic ramps go, those are usually only rented out for local moves, at least that is what the the renter told me 1.5 years ago when we moved to Huntsville. Plus it is a crapshoot on if you will be able to even get the lift. But as long as you rent the 16' truck you will get the pull out ramp.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:17 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnygreek View Post
The 12 foot Penske trucks won't have a pull out ramp, but the 16' and longer ones will have the pull out ramp. As far as the hydraulic ramps go, those are usually only rented out for local moves, at least that is what the the renter told me 1.5 years ago when we moved to Huntsville. Plus it is a crapshoot on if you will be able to even get the lift. But as long as you rent the 16' truck you will get the pull out ramp.
I know someone who took a Penske with a hydraulic lift from VA to AZ...guess it depends on where you rent it from.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:08 PM

582 posts, read 826,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessyts View Post
Hello, My husband retires from the Corps of Engineers in late Sept. We bought a house in the Hazel Green area and are relocating from Rapid City, SD. (WE LOVE YOUR WINTERS).

With help from family in the area we were able to move a large majority of stuff already but they have since moved so their help is not an option at this point.

We've been looking into moving companies, uhaul, U Ship It shipping etc. and they are all very expensive. Would like some different ideas on moving. Does anyone have any advice or care to share your moving experiences? We really have nothing large or heavy to move. The largest items will be a small chest type deep freeze, 1 wooden rocking chair, 2 high back wooden bar stools, some end tables, 2-3 area rugs, metal storage racks in garage. Then we have some tools, wall art, our clothes, shoes, lines, dishes and a few what knots. 1 larger (40 something inches) flat screen t.v. a few smaller flat screen t.v.s.

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is coming up and we are in very close proximity to that. I was wondering if there might be anyone coming up for that with extra space in a truck/trailer that would like to earn some extra $ taking some things back to AL. It could be stuff like clothes/dishes etc or whatever they would agree to take. It could be a small (a box or 2) or a larger load. Anything at this point could help.

P.S. I just realized that people may be nervous hauling packages that they don't know what is inside because of drugs etc. So each box would remain open so that you could easily see what is inside and I would close them prior to loading, thus putting you at ease. I am sure that I could do this very quickly. We wouldn't expect anyone to be responsible for any damages either. I would not ask anyone to haul anything of significant value.
I have three words for you:

Posey's Fried Chicken!!!

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area