Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM

53 posts, read 54,839 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have Sprint? They have LTE here now and I want to hear some first hand experiences of current Sprint users.

I have Verizon. Love the coverage, hate the cost. I'm thinking of switching.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 09:50 AM

626 posts, read 755,370 times
If t-mobile wasnt always trying to sell themselves to one of these big guys, I would go there. I had Sprint years ago and their CS was the worst. Coverage was meh around here.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:24 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,087,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsanders View Post
Does anyone have Sprint? They have LTE here now and I want to hear some first hand experiences of current Sprint users.

I have Verizon. Love the coverage, hate the cost. I'm thinking of switching.

Thanks!
You truly get what you don't pay for.

I know it is different for everyone and in different locals, but for me, if I want service I can count on almost anywhere anytime, I can't possibly beat Verizon.
And, my bill for service, three phone lines, with hot spot connectivity is still less than what I use to pay bell ten years ago for two land lines that were not pocket computers, or mobile. lol

It is relative. It helps to ask yourself if you really like what you are getting and whether you ever have any trouble with the service or company. I like dependability and I'm willing to pay a little more for it. The grass is truly not always as green.

But good luck with finding what makes you as happy as you should be.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:11 PM

230 posts, read 388,502 times
Since I moved here in 2007, Huntsville has been a Verizon town. I have Sprint...and I can tell you the coverage is getting much better lately. I don't know if this is true with all plans, but with mine there is no domestic roaming charge so I'm pretty much using whomever's cell is available...Sprint or Verizon. Win. Personally I have found Sprint's CS to be better than the norm, but I may be dealing with different folks than most subscribers (I have a former employee plan, deal mostly with the group that Retention morphed into).

Old 08-25-2014, 07:37 PM

45 posts, read 92,802 times
I have not been really impressed with Sprint's LTE rollout in Huntsville. Some areas get much better LTE reception. Sprint's indoor coverage isn't much either. Verizon has recently upgraded their LTE network here for faster dl/ul speeds and they had LTE up and running in Huntsville since 2010. Sprint is supposed to have a LTE upgrade called Spark which utilizes all three LTE bands but I don't think it's active in Huntsville right now. My guess is it will take a year or two. I think network wise Sprint will always be behind Verizon here. I'm only on Sprint (since 2008) due to the unlimited data plans and I get a company discount.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:02 AM

53 posts, read 54,839 times
Thanks for the first hand, current experience. It sounds like it's getting better. I really appreciate the feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: