Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:33 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times

Advertisements

Just checking on the best pizza places in the area. Moving from the Tri-state area, so plenty of good options up here. Hoping to find at least one or two options in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 07:48 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Just checking on the best pizza places in the area. Moving from the Tri-state area, so plenty of good options up here. Hoping to find at least one or two options in the area.
I've heard the term tri-state area applied to a lot of different places, but I'm assuming you coming from CT, based on you location tag. The pizza down here is going to be pretty bad compared to what you can get up there. I like Bellacino's best in this area. I've heard Tony's Little Italy in the Village of Providence is good. Other than that, you can look forward to Domino's and Pizza Hut.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah, Sorry, CT. I've found a few pockets of great pizza all over the south, but its a fun search.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:50 AM

567 posts, read 1,743,745 times
Tony's little Italy is great. You can get Terry's pizza which is Chicago style pizza at Star Market Grocery, but let them cook it in their brick oven. I picked one up pre-made and cooked in my own oven and it was not good.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:50 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,787,438 times
We've really liked pizza from Donatos on Memorial Parkway. It's a chain I guess? But they didn't have Donotos in California so it's new to us. I love their chicken spinach mozzerlla pizza. Yum.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:25 PM

Donatos - is that really thin crust stuff? I think I had some in Columbus, OH. Its almost like a cracker with sauce right?

Bellacino's sounds promising. Hopefully returning to the south I'll lose my winter "coat" so to speak.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:33 AM

I tried Denatos and was not impressed. Not much better than Pizza Hut or Dominoes. I grew up in Chicago and it is hard to impress me with pizza in the south. Try Tony's Little Italy. Order a fresh whole pizza. Pizza by the slice is reheated pizza with the toppings of your choice. Not as good as fresh. I never heard of Bellacino's before. I looked and there is one in Huntsville and one in Madison. We go out every Friday night with another couple and our goal is to try and eat at every restraunt in North Alabama. I will add this to the top of our list to try.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:19 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
I tried Denatos and was not impressed. Not much better than Pizza Hut or Dominoes. I grew up in Chicago and it is hard to impress me with pizza in the south. Try Tony's Little Italy. Order a fresh whole pizza. Pizza by the slice is reheated pizza with the toppings of your choice. Not as good as fresh. I never heard of Bellacino's before. I looked and there is one in Huntsville and one in Madison. We go out every Friday night with another couple and our goal is to try and eat at every restraunt in North Alabama. I will add this to the top of our list to try.
I like Donato's, I just think it is a little pricey for "fast food" pizza. I heard that the Whiteburg's Village shopping center is going to get another Tony's Little Italy where Qdoba's used to be. If so, that is great. Bellacino's is pretty good. They hand toss their dough and make the bread for their grinders every day. They use good quality toppings on their pizza as well. They also make homemade ice cream that is awesome. Of course it won't compete with authentic NYC style pizza IMO, but I like it.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:20 PM

I will definatly be trying out and I will report back. Village pissa in East Limestone is a pretty good pizza. Have you ever tried a Terry's Pizza rnc76?

Old 12-27-2007, 05:48 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Does anyone know if Big Ed's pizza ever re-opened? We use to go there back in the late 60s when it was on Oakwood Av. (I think)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area