Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 01:27 PM

626 posts, read 754,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Traffic will be a nightmare, and to combine topics....what will the cyclists do who love to ride along shoulder-less Burgreen and Browns Ferry Rd???
Traffic in Madison will never be a nightmare. :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 01:45 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,216,043 times
Quote:
Traffic will be a nightmare, and to combine topics....what will the cyclists do who love to ride along shoulder-less Burgreen and Browns Ferry Rd???
weeks to months of physical therapy if they are fortunate?

Old 09-09-2014, 02:42 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,669 times
Quote:
I'm afraid you might be right. Some of these neighborhoods won't be successful. Then Breland/DR Horton will come in and buy the lots for cheap and fill them up with the same non-descript houses they build in every other subdivision.

I assume one of the houses under construction in West Haven (Valor) is a model home. I doubt anything would sell without a model for review.

Speaking of model homes & selling...has anything sold yet in Applewood at the corner of Balch & Gillespie? I see a model home & a few specs in there, but can't tell if anything has sold.
Just curious, whats wrong with Brelands non-descript homes? I've been in Hunter subdivisions, Benton subdivisions, Stoneridge, AHH, and many others. They all look pretty nondescript to me.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:55 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Just curious, whats wrong with Brelands non-descript homes? I've been in Hunter subdivisions, Benton subdivisions, Stoneridge, AHH, and many others. They all look pretty nondescript to me.
Oh, nothing per se. I guess it's personal to me because they are so hard to compete with from a resale standpoint. Because of their volume (I assume), their price per sq ft is so much lower than everyone else....they bring price per sq ft down in the neighborhood. Makes it hard for someone (like me) who's trying to sell an existing home. And makes it even worse by offfering all sorts of incentives....paying part of closing costs, free appliances, free fence, yadda, yadda. And a lot of their one-story homes are the ones that look like 90% garage 10% house, and I'm not fond of that look. Just my opinion.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:44 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
what could possibly be wrong

Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
what could possibly be wrong
Welcome to the NEW California!

Old 09-09-2014, 07:11 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,669 times
I guess I can understand a little, but like I said, I've been in neighborhoods that are all one builder and they look all the same to me. I live in lakeshoremeadows at inspiration Point, and most of Inspiration point are Benton homes. Much of them the same floorplan, same elevation with different brick.

As far as price per square foot, i guess the larger brelands are cheaper per square foot. I paid 98 per square foot. My friends AHH home was 85 per square foot. Some complaints in IP about the lot breland purchased, but the Benton home prices don't seem to be effected that much, considering the builder and upgrades the Benton homes have. There are also some larger homes that I'm unsure of the builder that are unique.

I'd be cautious about buying a home with some with a ton of lots buying from an upscale builder. Seems like they have trouble selling them out.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:36 PM

168 posts, read 311,135 times
As for the cycling... we were in the area first, so learn to live with us on the roads. God bless that Madison doesn't have much more land to the west of all this ridiculous development.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:12 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Missourian View Post
As for the cycling... we were in the area first, so learn to live with us on the roads. God bless that Madison doesn't have much more land to the west of all this ridiculous development.
Correct, but Huntsville has plenty planned to the west...just give it up and stick to the greenways.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:37 AM

445 posts, read 771,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Correct, but Huntsville has plenty planned to the west...just give it up and stick to the greenways.
Greenways are not meant for serious cycling, and they are habitually hogged by rude pedestrians and dog walkers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area